Flight lands MIA 7:30am. What to do on a Sunday for early 4 hours?

Medtech2

The only reason I ask which ship, is because unless you have strict boarding times (Carnival?) - then generally you can get to the port by 9:30AM - 10AM. In which case, by the time you get your bags, just hang out for an hour or so then hop in a cab and head to your cruise.

If all goes well and you land on time, you should have your bags around 8 am which is too early to go to the port obviously. Being that it’s a Sunday, you won’t have traffic and would be at the port before 8:30.

I would suggest heading to a nice hotel in the Brickell/Downtown area where you can usually leave your bags with the front desk/baggage area and enjoy a nice breakfast with them. There are many wonderful breakfasts at various hotel restaurants around here from ala carte to buffets. All different price ranges. After breakfast you can walk around a bit or sit at the hotel and relax. I’d be happy to give some suggestions if that sounds good as will many other posters on here.

Another idea if you don’t want to take either 2 Uber or taxi rides is to pick a hotel near the airport and take their shuttle to the hotel and do the same thing.

What Carolyn suggests above - find a better quality MIA airport hotel (think full service Hilton or Marriott), shuttle there, tip them appropriately to store your bags, and then purchase breakfast/brunch and maybe a mimosa or two ;)

Thank you all! That shuttle to hotel near airport idea sounds good! Do we need to call the hotel or do we just board the shuttle? Is there one you’d recommend? We are cruising on NCL Sun...

Edited by Medtech2

I would call the hotels, explain that you are not a guest but want to pay to enjoy their breakfast, and find out the cost, details, etc. I would focus on full service Hilton and Marriott hotels. There is also a hotel inside of the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel :rolleyes: - that might work for your situation.

Why would you stay at the airport, there is nothing to see there.

Head to Downtown and have breakfast in a hotel (Intercontinental, Epic) or restaurant there.

You'll be able to stroll around and be right next door to the port. Once you'll be done, simply board the free trolley that will take you to Port Miami.

I'm still not sure why you would go through all this trouble to kill an hour or two. Multiple shuttles, tipping to store bags, etc. But at least you have options.

That is my thought as well. Just take your time getting off the plane and getting luggage. It has been a little while since i was a MIA, but see if there is some food options before security grab a bite then head to ship.