When to buy wine

Suzez

Hi, Is it best to buy several bottles of wine through Cunard, before the cruise? Will we still have to pay 15% on top? Or, wait until on board. Is there 15% added to wine packages whilst on aboard or is that just on individual bottles?

Thank you

Hi, Is it best to buy several bottles of wine through Cunard, before the cruise? Will we still have to pay 15% on top? Or, wait until on board. Is there 15% added to wine packages whilst on aboard or is that just on individual bottles?

Thank you

We have traditionally purchased Wine on board at meal time and been charged the 15%. Never took advantage of pre purchasing wine till we saw the menu selections at dinner time.

We typically have courtesy wines being sent to our cabin as gifts.

I know there is table located on board during Embarkation with a Wine Sommelier typically on Deck 2/3 for passengers with Sample bottles of Wines and Packages on display being offered. He would also be available for suggestions and questions.

Thank you

The Captains Collection & The Commodores Collection are wines purchased for 6 or 12 bottles from a collection of wines which are on Cunard's website. Price is $299 x 6 and $560 x 12 for Captain's and $395 x 6 $715 x 12 for Commodores and include 15% service charge.

The Captains Collection & The Commodores Collection are wines purchased for 6 or 12 bottles from a collection of wines which are on Cunard's website. Price is $299 x 6 and $560 x 12 for Captain's and $395 x 6 $715 x 12 for Commodores and include 15% service charge.

Thank you

Does anyone have a copy pf the most recent comprehensive wine list or a link to the download, as the prices appear to have increased.

I note the latest Captain and Commodore Collection downloads are dated 13th July 2018, so would expect the main wine list to have been updated about the same time.

I always bring aboard two or three bottles of special wines. I give them to the sommelier and pay the pouring charge. It usually comes out ahead pricewise. And, I drink something that I really like. Otherwise, wine by the glass is fine for us.

On one Trans-Atlantic crossing, our table mate was given the Commodore Collection as a gift. His wife did not drink. He was former Royal Navy and gave it a good try to drink most of them. At then end of the evening, he was most jolly.

We have always brought out own wines and paid the corkage. However with corkage now $25 it is worth considering a wine package. We had a 4 bottle Captain Selection on a recent TA and it was good.

As we have a good amount of OBC on our next trip we are considering the Commodore Collection as the saving on the 12 bottles is reasonable. Especially with the recent increase in the wine packages. We will be taking Dom Perignon and paying the corkage for our sons birthday.

I am sure Cunard have taken into account the fact more passengers were BYO wines and paying corkage and increased this accordingly.