Princess@sea

amajaa

The Medallion will not make any alerts itself. So only by going to one of the many screens available for passengers or your own digital device can you see these alerts.

We are speaking about only people with their own digital devices.

You know, the ones you said would be disturbing you in the theater.

True, it's a web page, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it can't create a notification. Gmail on my PC, accessed with a browser, regularly notifies me of new email.

Gmail, Google Calendar, etc. can all deliver notifications through a browser.

Here is a youtube video of a browser based notification on an android phone:

We are speaking about only people with their own digital devices.

This would mean somewhere in the process a passenger would have to configure with the ***** system what device or address to send a notification to. Do you know how this is accomplished?

This would mean somewhere in the process a passenger would have to configure with the ***** system what device or address to send a notification to. Do you know how this is accomplished?

I don't think princess has described how to do this ... yet.

There are three apps with tie in with *****, but I haven't personally investigated what they do...

But, from Jan Schwarth's (and other's) comments using a smart device with the medallion is certainly the plan.

I doubt they spent millions of dollars to install a system to (only) open cabin doors...

what they do...

But, from Jan Schwarth's (and other's) comments using a smart device with the medallion is certainly the plan.

I agree. But the devil is with the details. I suspect you must initiate any interaction with the smart device, not the smart device automatically notifying you of something.

I agree. But the devil is with the details. I suspect you must initiate any interaction with the smart device, not the smart device automatically notifying you of something.

So you incent people to to that.

If they link their phone, they can display a coupon for a discount in the shops, or a free drink.

Or, use their phone in place of a pager in the dining room queue.