Princess@sea

amajaa

Off on Sapphire Princess soon and just had an e-mail about Pribcess@sea. Am I reading it correctly that you can connect to this and check your onboard account and daily activities etc without charge? Also if the onboard activities are online do you still get a paper copy in your cabin the night before?

Off on Sapphire Princess soon and just had an e-mail about Pribcess@sea. Am I reading it correctly that you can connect to this and check your onboard account and daily activities etc without charge? Also if the onboard activities are online do you still get a paper copy in your cabin the night before?

yes & yes

You can also create a custom calendar of your activities for the day that you can share with your travel partners.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here’s a link the the Princess webpage with details on Princess@Sea including how to access it.

Getting started with Princess@Sea is easy. Simply connect to the ship’s WIFI once onboard, open the browser on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device, and Princess@Sea will be the default page that appears. It even operates in "Airplane Mode". No cellular or data charges required!”.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/princess-at-sea/

Yes thats the way it is supposed to work however last week on the CB we could not link to our onboard account for the entire cruise. We could get general access to the Patter but could not create a username & PW. This is the first time we have not been able to access our online account during a cruise since its inception.

Apparently there was a glitch with our booking syncing up with the ships system.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The only draw back was the lack of an Alert when using it to send messages to other in your party. We had to keep checking back for messages in our group of 8. I think this is being addressed.

I think the only way this is "being addressed" is with the new Internet from Medallion.Net. With "always on" and (currently) free Internet access people are using actual, regular texting. Of course that won't last. I really can't see Princess implementing audible message alerts. It would be horribly intrusive for others around the person getting the notice. I love not hearing ring tones and message alerts when I'm sailing.

I really can't see Princess implementing audible message alerts. It would be horribly intrusive for others around the person getting the notice. I love not hearing ring tones and message alerts when I'm sailing.

I can certainly sympathize with your sentiment. OTOH, having a messaging capability that is actually useful would be nice. ;) I'd be happy if they would limit the notifications to vibrate only

I think the only way this is "being addressed" is with the new Internet from Medallion.Net. With "always on" and (currently) free Internet access people are using actual, regular texting. Of course that won't last. I really can't see Princess implementing audible message alerts. It would be horribly intrusive for others around the person getting the notice. I love not hearing ring tones and message alerts when I'm sailing.

I can certainly sympathize with your sentiment. OTOH, having a messaging capability that is actually useful would be nice. ;) I'd be happy if they would limit the notifications to vibrate only

I think it would be much better if a waiter appeared with a free drink in hand to personally inform me that I have a message. Yes, I think that would be fine. :cool:

Amen on noise. I use vibrate.

I'd be happy if they would limit the notifications to vibrate only

Vibrate makes noise also. Maybe not noticeable by others in a relatively noisy area like near MUTS, but definitely annoying to others if in the Princess Theater watching a movie or hearing a lecture.

Vibrate makes noise also. Maybe not noticeable by others in a relatively noisy area like near MUTS, but definitely annoying to others if in the Princess Theater watching a movie or hearing a lecture.

My phone hardly makes any noise when it vibrates. My wife's phone, if it's laid down on a hard surface, vibrates incredibly loudly. Weird.

The only draw back was the lack of an Alert when using it to send messages to other in your party. We had to keep checking back for messages in our group of 8. I think this is being addressed.

You really need walkie-talkies, too.

That way you can scream into your radio "You have a message", to alert the recipent.

Or, more seriously, from an medallion interview with Jan Swartz:

"Guests will be able to opt in to getting alerts via the medallions about more than 100 activities on the ship, everything from pilates to poker classes and shopping events."

It seems wildly unlikely that these would be silent, as princess won't make any money if passengers don't see the alert.

A sad day for the hyper-sensitive.

You can enjoy the full article here:

http://www.adweek.com/digital/prince...ience-onboard/

I think we all need to remember that "Princess at Sea" is not an app. It is basically just an Intranet site. We seem to think of it as an app and have this level of expectation that it will react and function as such. On our last trip, once I got my arms around this, I really got a lot out of it. To see any updates or messages I simply refreshed the page. That worked well for us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

It seems wildly unlikely that these would be silent, as princess won't make any money if passengers don't see the alert.

So much of this is based on settings. A phone's level of sound and vibration can be set. I turn off sound for alerts and have the vibration set so I can feel it, but not hear it, in a quite area.

We have all heard the person who has their alerts set so high you would think the 5th cavalry was coming!

I think we all need to remember that "Princess at Sea" is not an app. It is basically just an Intranet site. We seem to think of it as an app and have this level of expectation that it will react and function as such. On our last trip, once I got my arms around this, I really got a lot out of it. To see any updates or messages I simply refreshed the page. That worked well for us.

True, it's a web page, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it can't create a notification. Gmail on my PC, accessed with a browser, regularly notifies me of new email. Whether that's possible in an Android or Apple browser I don't know. But enough people on here have groused about the lack of notification that it's something Princess might want to take into consideration.

After all, if the person you're trying to get through to doesn't check their phone, for whatever reason, then the notification failed.

Or, more seriously, from an medallion interview with Jan Swartz:

"Guests will be able to opt in to getting alerts via the medallions about more than 100 activities on the ship, everything from pilates to poker classes and shopping events."

http://www.adweek.com/digital/prince...ience-onboard/

The Medallion will not make any alerts itself. So only by going to one of the many screens available for passengers or your own digital device can you see these alerts.

Note that the referenced article was from March 2017 when ***** was first announced. Many promised features will probably never be there, my favorite being that an entertainer in the Princess Theater can see on a screen which passengers are watching him/her on the in-cabin TVs.