Ovation out of Australia questions

Stombat

Hi all,

Long time reader although I seldom post but I do appreciate the help you all provide to the rest of us.

I have two cabins booked for the Transpacific leaving Sydney in April next year. A Junior Suite and an Owners Suite. Long story short our adult children were coming and now they have decided they won't be. Therefore I have to cancel one of them and I'm wondering whether the perks of the OS are worth the considerable extra money, or we keep the JS. We've only been on Voyager and Explorer before so the Ovation is a new experience for us and I'm not quite sure on some of the differences. Hopefully you can help with the questions below. :)

1. Theatre/shows - I was under the impression that they had to be pre-booked but a Cruise Compass I found online out of Sydney says only Pixels needs to be booked?

2. If they do require booking, if we keep the OS can we just go in and sit anywhere in the theatre or do we have to sit in the gold reserved seats? (we preferred to sit elsewhere on Voyager class).

3. Diamond breakfast - is there an area/restaurant for Diamond level breakfast?

4. Concierge Lounge - are there any drinks during the day available, apart from happy hour? (We are Diamond level so would have access to the DL anyway, but just want to know for comparison.)

5. I know CK is only for dinner for JS guests - is it realistically available? It seems to be one of the perks that suite guests seem to really appreciate.

Any other differences anyone thinks I should take into account?

Appreciate any and all help as I want to make the decision soon.

Cheers and thanks!

... 2. If they do require booking, if we keep the OS can we just go in and sit anywhere in the theatre or do we have to sit in the gold reserved seats? (we preferred to sit elsewhere on Voyager class). ...

You can sit wherever you want.

With the shows you can only book pixels online,(that’s was this Christmas just gone.)but it repeats multiple times.

The rest you just turn up .and if you are running a bit late they repeat the shows.there is problem with seeing the shows.

I agree with the gold seating area,there’s nothing special. I prefer sitting in the regular section half way to the stage.

The only perk worth talking about for JS is dinner in coastal Kitchen and the double points.you can book it in your cruise planner it is good.

We found the solarium to be one of the best places to eat.its part of the specialty restaurants for free.

1. Theatre/shows - I was under the impression that they had to be pre-booked but a Cruise Compass I found online out of Sydney says only Pixels needs to be booked?

2. If they do require booking, if we keep the OS can we just go in and sit anywhere in the theatre or do we have to sit in the gold reserved seats? (we preferred to sit elsewhere on Voyager class).

3. Diamond breakfast - is there an area/restaurant for Diamond level breakfast?

4. Concierge Lounge - are there any drinks during the day available, apart from happy hour? (We are Diamond level so would have access to the DL anyway, but just want to know for comparison.)

5. I know CK is only for dinner for JS guests - is it realistically available? It seems to be one of the perks that suite guests seem to really appreciate.

Any other differences anyone thinks I should take into account?

1. Yes, Pixels is the only one to book. They have special seating area reserved upstairs in Two70 - great view of the show so would suggest you go up there.

2. You can sit wherever you like but there is a reserved area, same as the other ships.

3. Yes - al la carte only in one of the restaurants on Deck 3.

4. CL (and DL) has the coffee maker available all day long. No other drinks during the day.

5. Never heard of anyone not getting into the CK for dinner who had the JS.

The OS has a great layout, partition between bedroom and lounge area for privacy and a big balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your answers and clarification.

So it seems like a lot of extra money (around AUD$400 per night) for not many benefits to go to the OS. With the JS I can still go to CK for dinner, I don't have to make theatre reservations (apart from pixels) and I can go to the DL for happy hour and diamond breakfast. I understand the room itself is bigger but I'm fine with the JS. The OS perks don't seem to be worth it.

Again, thanks for the information, it's much appreciated.