Norwegian App

stevetod

I understand there is an App for your phone that allows to to see what is happening on the Escape and you can access the ships info once onboard. I also think for a fee ( I believe its $8.00 per person ) you can use the app to connect with people in your group while onboard. The question is not sure how it works? Does it eat into your free 250 internet minutes our group is receiving? Does it use data on your phone? Can someone advise how this system would work?

Thanks,

Steve

I understand there is an App for your phone that allows to to see what is happening on the Escape and you can access the ships info once onboard. I also think for a fee ( I believe its $8.00 per person ) you can use the app to connect with people in your group while onboard. The question is not sure how it works? Does it eat into your free 250 internet minutes our group is receiving? Does it use data on your phone? Can someone advise how this system would work?

Thanks,

Steve

Totally separate from your internet plan. You connect t the ship's wifi, but not the internet. Your texts and calls go over the ship's wifi without using your internet minutes.

The app works using the ship's wifi network but you do not need to setup an internet account to use it. The app is very handy for keeping track of onboard events. We used the messaging system a few years ago. It worked but messages could suffer substantial lag. For some reason my wife didn't receive messages for up to thirty minutes after they were sent. For that reason we didn't spend the extra money on our last few cruises.

I understand the app has been improved so perhaps this is less or a non-issue now.