Alaska cruise

supertop

We cruised there this past May. It was fantastic! I didn't care about the weather because I expect to get wet there. Thankfully, it only rained in Ketchikan, but we were still able to stroll through the town, have lunch, do some shopping. I think my album from the cruise is public and you can look through the photos here. Layering is the key to staying warm and dry in Alaska.

Beautiful pictures thank you for posting.

Shiska

I cruised to Alaska a few years ago in September from Seattle and we had an amazing time. We booked an aft balcony and I would recommend for Alaska. Being at the back really shielded the cold wind some. If it’s raining, I guess you aren’t covered as much, but we had no issues at the aft. Also it was wonderful to be able to see both sides sailing and at glacier bay the whole ship rotated so we enjoyed it from our balcony and it was amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You didn't indicate if its one-way or RT.

If one-way and you're doing any land travel in Alaska after the cruise, be aware that some vendors/hotels/Park Visitor Centers don't open until Memorial Day weekend.

And the park road thru Denali doesn't fully open until June 10, to Eielson on June 1.

I would choose a Vancouver departure over Seattle. Vancouver departures sail between the mainland and Vancouver Island so its more scenic and has sheltered waters. Seattle departures sail on the west side of Vancouver Is so its basically open seas with a bigger chance of rough water. Plus Vancouver is such a beautiful destination in its own right. Easy to reach from Seattle by bus, car, transfer or scenic Amtrak train.