General Princess question

Kate45

We are returning to Princess after 8 years and 2 NCL, and 1 each HAL and RCL cruises so I feel like a "newbie" again!

trying to find out how to arrange for a bottle of Crown for our cabin. Anyone? can only see how to do this for soda, water and beer but no packages for liquor.

Also, we have a perk from our TA for a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. On other lines we were asked which restaurant and a reservation was made for us. Didn't know which nite but it at least was made. Princess has given us a confirmation of the dinners but nothing else. Do I have to wait and do this onboard? Thanks for your input and I'm sure I will be asking for more help as we get closer to departure.

There are reports that some of the Princess ships no longer allow pre-ordering of the bottles (actually half-bottles) of liquor for the cabins. If you cannot find them in your cruise personalizer they are still listed in the Gifts and Services catalog:

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

(click on 'beverage packages and cellars' and scroll about 2/3 of the way down; spirits are listed after the wine bottles)

...so you may be to order by phone.

Princess only allows advance reservations for the specialty restaurants if you are paying, not when you have either a TA or Princess booking perk. Depending on the promotion your TA is using there may simply be a voucher in your cabin, or there may be a random date and time already set for you (which you have no way of finding out until after you board). But Princess holds plenty of slots open for those who need to set or change times; best bet is to go in person soon after you board to the specialty restaurant you prefer.

And welcome back.

You can pre-order your bottle of Crown. Check the Onboard Reservations listing and then Princess Cellars. The cost is $23 for a 375ml bottle. You will get a voucher in your cabin. Call Room Service to get the bottle delivered to your room.

Heh... Looks like I was typing at the same time the post above was posting. :)

We are returning to Princess after 8 years and 2 NCL, and 1 each HAL and RCL cruises so I feel like a "newbie" again!

trying to find out how to arrange for a bottle of Crown for our cabin. Anyone? can only see how to do this for soda, water and beer but no packages for liquor.

Also, we have a perk from our TA for a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. On other lines we were asked which restaurant and a reservation was made for us. Didn't know which nite but it at least was made. Princess has given us a confirmation of the dinners but nothing else. Do I have to wait and do this onboard? Thanks for your input and I'm sure I will be asking for more help as we get closer to departure.

On my booked cruises you can pre-order spirits. In the cruise personlizer go to On board Reservations, then select Princess Cellars. Crown Royal is $23 for a 375ml bottle. You pay when you order.

For specialty Dining there should be a gift card in your cabin when you board. It will probably have a restaurant, day and time. If you don't like what is provided call the dining line on boarding day afternoon to change it. If you can not get through visit the restaurant. If you are on a one week or shorter cruise time slots tend to fill. If you are an extended cruise, you will find many more times available. If the gift card does not say anything then call the dining line or visit the restaurant on boarding day afternoon.

You can pre-order your bottle of Crown. Check the Onboard Reservations listing and then Princess Cellars. The cost is $23 for a 375ml bottle. You will get a voucher in your cabin. Call Room Service to get the bottle delivered to your room.

Since you will have to call Room Service anyway, the only advantage of ordering it in advance is that you will pay for it when ordering and not have to pay for it at the end of the cruise.

Of course if you order it on board you can use OBC if you have any.