Internet Packages

919Florida

I have a question on the different internet packages. I know that the social media package is only for Facebook, Twitter etc but what about the premium package are all websites available?

When I am on a cruise I like to disconnect from the real world but unfortunately on this upcoming cruise I have to have access to a few websites I use for work for a few days. I dont want to pre purchase the package and then find out not every site is available.

Thank you

I have a question on the different internet packages. I know that the social media package is only for Facebook, Twitter etc but what about the premium package are all websites available?

When I am on a cruise I like to disconnect from the real world but unfortunately on this upcoming cruise I have to have access to a few websites I use for work for a few days. I dont want to pre purchase the package and then find out not every site is available.

Thank you

On premium you can access pretty much all websites. I haven’t found any I couldn’t access.

No, not all website will be available. No streaming sites can be access, this include movie, music and game sites.

I wouldn’t count on being able to stream most of the time. But the two nights we were close to Key West, I streamed TV on my YouTube TV App. And In the Bahamas I streamed the audio of the Saints preseason game on the tuneinradio app.

I wouldn’t count on being able to stream most of the time. But the two nights we were close to Key West, I streamed TV on my YouTube TV App. And In the Bahamas I streamed the audio of the Saints preseason game on the tuneinradio app.

I think you may have been pickup a local signal, bypassing Carnival .

I think you may have been pickup a local signal, bypassing Carnival .

I’m pretty internet savvy. In key west I had AT&T. But the night before Key West and the night after I did not. That’s when I was streaming around dinner time. I think it’s because we were closer to the carnival connection in Miami. And I definitely wasn’t getting anything local in the Bahamas.

I’m pretty internet savvy. In key west I had AT&T. But the night before Key West and the night after I did not. That’s when I was streaming around dinner time. I think it’s because we were closer to the carnival connection in Miami. And I definitely wasn’t getting anything local in the Bahamas.

I was going on what Carnival says. I hope your right because are times when i would love to watch a movie or stream somethings from my cabin. But didn't want to purchase their internet package only to find that they were being blocked.

I was going on what Carnival says. I hope your right because are times when i would love to watch a movie or stream somethings from my cabin. But didn't want to purchase their internet package only to find that they were being blocked.

And I’m not talking about in my cabin. I’m talking about in the dining room between 5:30pm-7:30 pm the night before and after key west.

On vista and horizon they have devices in each cabin to boost the signal. But not in any of the other ships yet.

And I’m not talking about in my cabin. I’m talking about in the dining room between 5:30pm-7:30 pm the night before and after key west.

On vista and horizon they have devices in each cabin to boost the signal. But not in any of the other ships yet.

On the Conquest in May, the wifi signal was not the problem, we had 5 bars, unfortunately there was very little internet speed, like 1 Mb. We could read the words on FB but the pictures never loaded.

On the Conquest in May, the wifi signal was not the problem, we had 5 bars, unfortunately there was very little internet speed, like 1 Mb. We could read the words on FB but the pictures never loaded.

Well I uploaded tons of pictures in my review thread on the Dream last week. I have did have problems on Freedom last year down around Belize. Recent Vista and Horizon reviews show great internet speeds on the new internet system. I’ll be able to experience and document it myself in February.

Well I uploaded tons of pictures in my review thread on the Dream last week. I have did have problems on Freedom last year down around Belize. Recent Vista and Horizon reviews show great internet speeds on the new internet system. I’ll be able to experience and document it myself in February.

Greg. How was the speed on the dream. I will be cruising on the Dream on 11/4 and am currently attending Western Governors University, so unfortunately I have class work. I usually don’t a problem on Southwest flights with their WiFi, hoping it the same. On other ships I can never get pictures to post to Facebook.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Greg. How was the speed on the dream. I will be cruising on the Dream on 11/4 and am currently attending Western Governors University, so unfortunately I have class work. I usually don’t a problem on Southwest flights with their WiFi, hoping it the same. On other ships I can never get pictures to post to Facebook.

The times I did speed tests my upload was 2-5 times faster than my download. On my live review I only had problems uploading pictures once. That was on Nassau day. I was still able to get them all uploaded but it took 3-5 attempts for each picture. The other 6 days...no problem.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2671438

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The times I did speed tests my upload was 2-5 times faster than my download. On my live review I only had problems uploading pictures once. That was on Nassau day. I was still able to get them all uploaded but it took 3-5 attempts for each picture. The other 6 days...no problem.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2671438

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Can you use the FB messaging service with the social package?

It is the ONLY reason I would like to get it.

We are not taking the kids with us this next go around and really

want to be able to check in with them.

yes, I was just on the Legend and I got the social package. I was able to fb message all of the cruise with that.