America's Test Kitchen, IT Training and Tea?

I Luv Crusin

We are cruising on the Rotterdam in a couple weeks from Boston to Montreal. There was a picture review from last April and brought up some questions.

1) Do you need to pre-register for the ATK classes? Where? Is there a fee?

2) Do they offer the IT/Windows classes on the NE/Canada cruises? Do you need a reservation and is there a fee?

3) How many times a week do they offer tea?

thanks for your help!

ATK demonstrations are free, and fill up fast so get there early.

The ATK classes are for a fee and you need to register at the Front Desk early on in the cruise.

Afternoon Tea is daily, usually 3 pm. MDR or Explorer's Lounge.

The Rotterdam is a lovely, elegant ship: have a great time!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Thank you! It's been a few years since we sailed HAL. (Westerdam) I was hoping it wouldn't be so nuts with less people on board.

Lesley

Tea is best on port days when there are fewer pax around. In the Explorer's Lounge Tea can fill up, as there is not much space. We prefer the DR: watch your daily program for location.

The other demos, classes are popular and attract a lot of pax no matter what the size of the ship, we have found. We're just off the Westerdam and it was a bit wild at times!

If you are going to miss an ATK demo but still want the recipe, stop by before the show to get a copy. A few weeks ago on the Zaandam, on Sea Days they were at 11am and 1pm, and lasted about an hour. That only gave an hour in between for lunch. One day I was busy during the 2nd one and tried to get a copy from the host immediately after the show (I barely missed the end), but was told they were already put away and stored for the next cruise. Just wanted to pass that along for those who are used to being able to get make ups.

Have fun!

Edited by syesmar
spacing

TEA

Here’s a recent Thread about the daily Teas on board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644862

I miss the Indonesian Tea especially. The Classic Tea we attended was good and I enjoyed it. I did see in some promotional materials for next year (I think it was the new Atlas) where they were highlighting that there would still be 1 High Tea per cruise. That used to be Dutch High Tea. I’m hopeful it will be restored for next season.

ATK demonstrations are free, and fill up fast so get there early.

The ATK classes are for a fee and you need to register at the Front Desk early on in the cruise.

Afternoon Tea is daily, usually 3 pm. MDR or Explorer's Lounge.

The Rotterdam is a lovely, elegant ship: have a great time!

Last summer (2017) on Zuiderdam the afternoon tea was in the Ocean Bar - I much preferred the small round tables, seemed more "cozy".

On Prinsendam last fall, the tea was moved to the MDR, & we were herded to the long tables, OK, but not as cozy. On Volendam this past April, again shown to a chair/table in the MDR & the cups had one tea bag already in it (all alike), I asked if I could have a different kind, and received it, but no tea chest was shown around.????

Last summer (2017) on Zuiderdam the afternoon tea was in the Ocean Bar - I much preferred the small round tables, seemed more "cozy".

On Prinsendam last fall, the tea was moved to the MDR, & we were herded to the long tables, OK, but not as cozy. On Volendam this past April, again shown to a chair/table in the MDR & the cups had one tea bag already in it (all alike), I asked if I could have a different kind, and received it, but no tea chest was shown around.????

Re: Volendam -- ugh! Not classy, but saves time, I guess. HAL can do better and should.