NCL CEO Andy Stuart to be on Bliss Oct. 20 sailing for travel agent conference

tbae

On a roll call post I caught a woman sharing that she would be part of a travel agent conference on my sailing date - Bliss, Oct. 20, 2018. Her share was that since they meet during the day and have private events booked at night that there will be more pool and general space for other passengers, not sure if that is true or not, I have no idea how many are taking part in the conference... but the interesting thing I wanted to share is that Andy Stuart, NCL CEO will be delivering the keynote at this conference on board.

Here is a link to an article I found about the conference: https://www.franchising.com/news/20180907_global_trust_expert_and_cruise_line_industry_thoug.html

I don't know if that means he will sail with us all 7 days or just pop in via helicopter or something on his day. But here is the food for thought....

• Do you think that because all of these industry people will be on board, many executives, will the staff be more ready to please, will our service level be higher?
  • OR, will the non-conference types like us be an afterthought?
  • Is it better or worse to have this kind of thing on our sailing (do you think the lady is right - will the common areas be less crowded?)
  • What are your thoughts on this interesting news?

Cheers!

• OR, will the non-conference types like us be an afterthought?

most lounges will be closed due to a "private event". other then that, it is ship as usually and business as usually. nothing that much different onboard.

Interesting. Do you think Haven lounges will be a part of these closures as well? I have been looking forward to this vacation for so so long--and I am hopeful that, as you shared, this will just be business as usual and we won't even notice. :)

Expect places like the Observation Lounge, Spice H20, and the main pool area to be closed during private cocktail parties and meetings.

This seems to be a bit of a bummer... I realize I cannot change it. AND I am always one to be positive and make the best, so I will for sure. DO you agree that it's not great news though?

I have been on several cruises with these types of events being held. They try not to disrupt the cruise. Meetings are held most of the time in the private conference rooms. A lounge might be closed for an hour or two for a cocktail party and possibly a dining room one evening.

Andy Stuart and some other VIP type guests will probably be staying in the Haven. Unless you specifically know them, you probably will not notice. Andy might be more noticeable because he will probably be carrying his laptop around and have a camera around his neck-- speaks with a British accent.

Enjoy your cruise.

I’m guessing your overall experience is going to be a better one. All staff will be on the best game so service will be top notch.

I was amazed how all of a sudden, at the end of a two week sailing in the garden villa, even the set up of our outdoor areas changed. The deck chairs, Haven chair towels, all got set up.... I asked why. Not that I minded, but I previously dragged chairs and chair pads out of the storage myself when needed. Answer from the kid who made the garden villa decks look picture perfect was they were getting inspected by some high ups.

Everyone got pretty serious about doing everything just so, including in dining venues.

The Bliss likely has their a list staff onboard already. A venue shut down for a meeting here and there shouldn’t be much an inconvenience.

I have been on several cruises with these types of events being held. They try not to disrupt the cruise. Meetings are held most of the time in the private conference rooms. A lounge might be closed for an hour or two for a cocktail party and possibly a dining room one evening.

Andy Stuart and some other VIP type guests will probably be staying in the Haven. Unless you specifically know them, you probably will not notice. Andy might be more noticeable because he will probably be carrying his laptop around and have a camera around his neck-- speaks with a British accent.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the insightful reply! We are also going to be in the Haven, so I'll keep an eye out for him, but of course only from afar. :)Cheers!

I’m guessing your overall experience is going to be a better one. All staff will be on the best game so service will be top notch.

I was amazed how all of a sudden, at the end of a two week sailing in the garden villa, even the set up of our outdoor areas changed. The deck chairs, Haven chair towels, all got set up.... I asked why. Not that I minded, but I previously dragged chairs and chair pads out of the storage myself when needed. Answer from the kid who made the garden villa decks look picture perfect was they were getting inspected by some high ups.

Everyone got pretty serious about doing everything just so, including in dining venues.

The Bliss likely has their a list staff onboard already. A venue shut down for a meeting here and there shouldn’t be much an inconvenience.

Thanks so much-- this is as I suspected it would be--elevated level of service and top staff in place. Glad you are backing up that thought. And your point is well-taken, a few closures should not be an issue. Looking even MORE forward to our time on board! Cheers!