Toll on Miami route 836

luvscruising2007

Yes a bill will eventually be sent to the address the vehicle's license plate is registered to.

It can take up to a couple months as MDX first goes through the state of Florida toll system (Sunpass) to verify you do not have an account with them.

https://paymdxtolls.com/MDXWeb/onlineServiceCenter/index

I could find nothing on the MDX website above as to how much of an account set-up fee and/or manual billing charge there might be the first time you are billed by them--unlike the state Turnpike system which at many of their toll gates the different rates for Sunpass vs. toll-by-plate are posted.

Why not call the Florida department of Transportation and get a definite answer?:)

The tolls on the 836 are collected by Miami-Dade county, not the state of Florida.

(Looks like you were typing your response the same time I posted the link above)

If you want to avoid tolls, you can exit I95 and use 36th or 7th streets to go West to Blue Lagoon.

You can even save time if expressways are congested.

Yea, it would be really easy to avoid the tolls. Just take a major street like SW 7th street across to the area, it won't add much time.