Does RCL ever offer free drinks in the US?

heatherbelle

Also the free welcoming glass of sparkling wine, free drink at the Captains meeting, the free sparkling wine at the art auctions, and the the free scotch at the stores sales events.

There is no "free welcoming glass of sparkling wine" on Royal Caribbean. Perhaps you are thinking of Celebrity, or another cruise line.

The stores will often have "liquor sampling" of many different kinds of liquor, not just scotch. And these days, it is a scant eye-dropper full of booze, IME.

:)

Well i have a non refundable booking for Harmony in January booked with my USA TA, same boardwalk cabin now booked In Uk with all inc drinks package is just £300 more- that is so much cheaper-wish I was not on non refundable - For once the UK prices when you take onto account the drinks package is cheaper - how come Royal Caribbean can treat US customers worst than UK customers- Equality for all!!

If it is so much cheaper, why not cancel the booking, eat the $100 per person penalty and rebook in the UK. Should still bring you ahead, if it is so much cheaper.

The stores will often have "liquor sampling" of many different kinds of liquor, not just scotch. And these days, it is a scant eye-dropper full of booze, IME.

:)

Ah yes the liquor sampling....

Tried it for the first time on Oasis 18 months ago. A small sample is an understatement [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it is so much cheaper, why not cancel the booking, eat the $100 per person penalty and rebook in the UK. Should still bring you ahead, if it is so much cheaper.

That’s what I did with a Carnival cruise one year. I had booked Early Saver, but I just rang Carnival in the US and they transfers the deposit over, in th end I didn’t loose anything.

But it's not just the $100 penalty... as I understand it, the rest of the deposit is tied up in a fcc which must be used (as US booking) within one year? That said, I once forfeited 150 GBP pp deposit for a 300 + :oGBP price drop. We came out ahead but it does take the shine off the deal!

For info, if UK guests book onboard - we get price drops (its meant to be one - but I have claimed two on one cruise shhhhhh). Not sure when that 'perk' was added for UK guests as we usually book onboard, but its heck of a fab perk :-)

Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that and. I am cruising next month.

It is a deposit of $250 each person! -which is not economical to cancel, the difference in cost of USA to UK (with Alcohol package ) is £300 - so I would lose $500 plus pay £300 more- not working is it. :o