Princess Athens dock?

phabric

Piraeus (the port for Athens) is huge, with separate areas for cruise ships and for the many ferries that go back and forth among the various Greek islands.

I'm not sure how many cruise ships can be docked at once, but definitely more than a handful. There are two terminals for cruise ships -- Terminals A and B. These have separate entrances so it is worthwhile figuring out which one Princess will use. Here's a map -- if you enlarge it you can see the two cruise terminals listed.

How long the trip will take from Athens Gate to your ship will greatly depend on the time of day. Athens traffic is terrible in the late afternoon when people are leaving the city after work. As long as you avoid the 4-7pm period, your trip time should be in the vicinity of 20-30 minutes.

Edited to add: If you're taking a private car service, you should just be able to tell them which ship you're boarding and what time you want to arrive, and let them figure out the logistics. They make that drive a lot. :)

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, jeanandmark said:

If our ship, Emerald Princess, arrives at 05:30, does anyone know what time we can expect to get off the ship? Trying to book a taxi to take us to Athens for a 3 night post cruise stay. Thanks

I think you would be safe to book at taxi for any time after 7:00 am.  If you aren't in a rush, you might want to wait a bit for the first rush to subside -- I'd probably aim for 8:00 or so.  Or are you trying to get into Athens early enough to avoid the rush at the Acropolis? If that's the case, I'd say the earlier side is better.

On 1/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, jeanandmark said:

If our ship, Emerald Princess, arrives at 05:30, does anyone know what time we can expect to get off the ship? Trying to book a taxi to take us to Athens for a 3 night post cruise stay. Thanks

I’m not sure it is really worth the effort to prebook a taxi.  When we debarked in Athens there were literally 50 to 60 taxis lined up early and more continued to arrive faster than they departed.  They will all head to central Athens so the only thing is to be sure of your hotels name and street.  If it a standard tourist hotel the cab drivers will recognize it.  Depending on traffic about a 30 minute ride.