Gallery One Doubletree-Ft Lauderdale how to book rooms

indy71

This question is a little different, but I’m hoping someone here will know the answer. I want to book 3 rooms for myself and other family members at this hotel using my Hilton Honors discount. Is this allowed? Do I use my name on all three reservations since it’s my honors number. If it’s allowed, will the other families be able to check in if we don’t arrive together? I’m not trying to do anything shady; I just want to know if it’s allowed. And I sure don’t want to arrive and not have rooms available. I’ve tried calling, but I’ve gotten different answers. Please help. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can book as many rooms as you wish. However, HHonors rules only allow you to get credit (for status, and for any benefits of your status) for a maximum of two.

They have tightened the rules on how you handle the checkin. In essence, you will be on all reservations, but you can put one other person on a given reservation, and that person could check in. Is there going to be a problem with you being there for checkin? That worries me more than them not having the rooms...someone not being able to check in until you are there.

You will get confirmations for all your reservations, so if, for some reason, they don't have the rooms, its on them. That is no different that a single reservations, and your risk is no different that a single reservation.

Just booked a two room reservation earlier today.

Thanks so much for your reply. That makes me feel much better. There shouldn’t be a problem with me being there for the check in. We haven’t bought the flights yet, so I’ll schedule myself on the earliest flight. (No guarantee, I know!) I’m not concerned about the credits given. I just wanted the Honors rate on the reservations. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks so much for your reply. That makes me feel much better. There shouldn’t be a problem with me being there for the check in. We haven’t bought the flights yet, so I’ll schedule myself on the earliest flight. (No guarantee, I know!) I’m not concerned about the credits given. I just wanted the Honors rate on the reservations. Thanks again for your help.

Call Doubletree and let them help you with this reservation. I had a similar issue while booking Doubletree in Orlando. I wanted to use my card to pay for two rooms. One for self and wife. One for SIL and wife. SIL would be arriving a couple of hours before us and didn't want them to have to wait until we arrived.

Called DT and explained the issue and was able to make the reservations as I wanted. Call them.