Upgraded Balcony - Emerald Princess - Panama Full transit - April 2019

Safety Squirrel

Received an e-mail today about possible upgrade in balcony.

Booked - Aloha - category BE (A243)

Upgrade - Caribe category B2 (C305)

Aloha Deck has full covered balcony whereas Caribe (I believe) has partially covered balconies.

As this is a full transit -- would you stay on Aloha or take the upgrade to Caribe with partial balcony. Would appreciate pros and cons for each balcony.

Thank you.

The Caribe balconies are larger than Aloha. The amount that is covered is basically the same size as the Aloha balcony. The remainder is not covered. Personally, I love Caribe . . . if the mini-suite cost is more than we choose to pay, my choice is Caribe if at all possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Received an e-mail today about possible upgrade in balcony.

Booked - Aloha - category BE (A243)

Upgrade - Caribe category B2 (C305)

Aloha Deck has full covered balcony whereas Caribe (I believe) has partially covered balconies.

As this is a full transit -- would you stay on Aloha or take the upgrade to Caribe with partial balcony. Would appreciate pros and cons for each balcony.

Thank you.

I'd definitely take the Caribe balcony. It's a lot bigger, so the covered portion is about the same size as the whole Aloha balcony.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would jump on that so fast it would make your head spin. :D

Edit: Was it actually an upgrade or an upsell?

A complimentary upgrade from a balcony cabin in one of the least desirable locations to a Caribe balcony just one category below Club Class, seven months before the cruise? Would be downright miraculous. I'd bet the farm this is an upsell, not a upgrade--note how the OP put it: "possible upgrade".

Only question is, how much is the upsell offer? I assume the cruise is a 14 day full transit.

Hi everyone

It was a complimentary upgrade - see below. Being on CC, I had seen posts that the balconies on Caribe were only partially covered. It was not until people posted on my thread, that I understood that it was a larger balcony and the portion covered was similar to other balconies. I am so happy that comments posted were very positive about Caribe.

IT IS OUR PLEASURE TO ADVISE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED A COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE (AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE) INTO THE CATEGORY/CABIN LISTED ON THIS CONFIRMATION. IT IS HiGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU REVIEW THIS CABIN S DETAILS ON PRINCESS.COM AS CABINS MAY VARY IN SIZE AND BED/BATHROOM CONFIGURATION. ***PLEASE NOTIFY US WITHIN 48 BUSINESS HOURS IF YOU CHOOSE TO DECLINE THIS COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE SO THAT WE CAN ATTEMPT TO RETURN YOU TO YOUR ORIGINAL CABIN. SHOULD A LOWER FARE BE SELECTED, THIS UPGRADE WILL NO LONGER APPLY.*** TO ENSURE EMBARKATION DOCUMENTS ARE UPDATED WITH THE NEW CABIN ASSIGNMENT, PLEASE REPRINT YOUR BOARDING PASS AND LUGGAGE TAGS ON THE CRUISE PERSONALIZER.

***THERE IS NO NEED TO RECONFIRM THIS UPGRADE.***

Needless to say that I am very happy about the complimentary upgrade and I am taking it. I do not know if it made any difference but I booked directly with Princess as my TA retired.

In any event -- I am very happy :D:tropical-drink:and will enjoy a virgin pina colada sitting on the balcony.

Thank you for your comments.

A complimentary upgrade from a balcony cabin in one of the least desirable locations to a Caribe balcony just one category below Club Class, seven months before the cruise? Would be downright miraculous. I'd bet the farm this is an upsell, not a upgrade--note how the OP put it: "possible upgrade".

Only question is, how much is the upsell offer? I assume the cruise is a 14 day full transit.

See above post. It was a complimentary upgrade. It is a full transit - Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale - 22 days. :D