Currently on Allure. New SHIP TIME policy confusion....

Shippy

Not mine. Royal ships I have last 6yrs have almost always changed times. First or 2nd nite Spring ahead, then last or 2nd to last nite back the hr so you get extra hr sleep before going home. At times reverse... This one EC, WC and SC. Point is always go on ship time, no port time. Agree set Electronics to manual adjust, not auto time or as you said a watch...

We've done all those itineraries and we've stayed on ships time (eastern). The only time changes we have had are due to daylight savings and standard time changes in spring and fall. We've gone out of FL, MD, NJ over the last 13 years on RCI.

We have mostly only seen them change when the beginning and ending ports are in different time zones. So a cruise out of San Juan ending in Baltimore had a time change, leaving Fort Lauderdale and headed to Barcelona had a time change. Most of our caribbean ones have stayed on ships time.

It depends on the SHIP and the CAPTAIN.

Aug 2017 and Aug 2018 on Grandeur, going to Bermuda, TIME CHANGED. Coming out of Bermuda, TIME CHANGED.

You can't say that Royal is not changing to local time, because it DEPENDS.

On all my cruises I have never been on a ship that changed time except for my TA, and announcements were made a few times about each change, including in the cruise compass. They always make it very clear that if your on the ship, your on ship time, which stays the same as departure/arrival port. This is entirely a problem of the OP and no one else. sorry not sorry.