See ya! Off cruising!

Esilef

Today we went to the leaning tower of Pisa.

It was great to see but due to time constraints we could not climb it.

I was very impressed by the cathedral right next to it.

Our main issue of the day was some person had lit Bush fires in the mountains near Pisa and this was creating traffic jams. Luckily we were on a ships tour and got back to the ship in time.

Well worth visiting this site.

Hopefully they will get these fires under control.

They have a day at sea today and then an afternoon sail in to Venice tomorrow .Looks like they are in for a hectic day there , as 8 ships will be in port ...:rolleyes:

Ships in Venice on 29/09/2018

M/S AIDAblu

M/S Azamara Quest

MSC Poesia

MSC Sinfonia

M/S Rhapsody of the Seas

M/S Seabourn Odyssey

M/S Silver Muse

M/S Vision of the Seas

8 Ships 12,759 passengers

It was a distance from the port to Rome. We took the ships transfer and spent 5 hours there exploring. The pope gave an address and the city centre was full of people. The Trevi fountain was undertaking maintenance

As we had been to Rome 4 years earlier we didn’t mind missing the major attractions. You really need more than 5 hours to do Rome. Rome wasn’t built in a day!

Yesterday was the port of Salerno.

Beautiful port. We were the only cruise ship in.

William and I went on a half day transfer with the ship to Pompeii.

Pompeii was amazing. The area of Pompeii is huge. 2 hours is just enough to sample the ruins.

3 people missed the ships departure and will have to find their own way to Venice.

Today and tomorrow morning we are at sea. It’s nice to have a break prior to Venice. It’s a very port intensive cruise.

Well we are now in Venice overnight. There is a couple of other big cruise ships in with us.

The cruise ships tower over all the buildings and from the water ways you can see them all lit up.

We did the murano glass and Burano lace tour. Beautiful places and the level of art is amazing.

Venice is my favourite sail in and out city, second is Sydney. When I was on Vision a couple of years ago Captain Merek (pretty sure it was him) sang on the last night in the Atrium - boy was he good. He is the 3rd RCCL captain who has sung on a cruise we were on and they were all fantastic.

Enjoy Venice.

We are going on a tour of Doges palace and st marks cathedral today and then we have free time to explore Venice. Hoping to go on a gondola ride.

The ship is offering a shuttle boat service from the port to the pier near st marks.

This morning the NCL Star was being tugged in this morning at 7am.

We are going on a tour of Doges palace and st marks cathedral today and then we have free time to explore Venice. Hoping to go on a gondola ride.

The ship is offering a shuttle boat service from the port to the pier near st marks.

This morning the NCL Star was being tugged in this morning at 7am.

From Norwegian Star. The tug is just leaving by the looks of it . They must have snuck in and parked in front of you :)

18_BDD0_DB_528_C_444_E_85_F0_952_B5_CFBE86_B.png

Today was split Croatia. We went on a bus tour to a beautiful restaurant via the river and had red wine, olives, cheese, ham and bread. Followed by a river cruise. Spectacular. The rest of the tour went to the old palace whilst William and I went back to the ship.

Tomorrow is our last day of ports. This ones kotor.

With so many ports and so many tours I’m exhausted and are looking forward to a couple of relaxing sea days.

If i did this itinerary again I’d be looking for one with a couple more sea days.

Today was split Croatia. We went on a bus tour to a beautiful restaurant via the river and had red wine, olives, cheese, ham and bread. Followed by a river cruise. Spectacular. The rest of the tour went to the old palace whilst William and I went back to the ship.

Tomorrow is our last day of ports. This ones kotor.

With so many ports and so many tours I’m exhausted and are looking forward to a couple of relaxing sea days.

If i did this itinerary again I’d be looking for one with a couple more sea days.

Your tour sounds wonderful. You will need a holiday after your cruise!!

Enjoy your sea days!