Emergency contact

ChrisB123

On 9/23/2018 at 7:27 PM, ChrisB123 said:

I've been looking and can't find out how my family can contact Dh and I in case of an emergency when we are on the Star next month. Anyone know?

This should work. They can email starprincess@princesscruises.com  In the attention line, you can put "Please forward to John Smith in C310 - emergency" or whatever. It will be delivered to your cabin. 

There are also emergency phone numbers for each ship.

56 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am sorry - there are times when one really does need to know of emergencies and there are things that can be done. I was my Mom's POA for medical. If she was in the hospital - I had to be in communication with the doctors. There was no one else. Besides, if someone is sick at home, I do want to know! Would you want your kid to be in ICU and you not know. 

There are plenty of people who sail with out their under age kids. I am sure they want to know if something happened to their child.

Maybe you have never been in a position when you are responsible for life and death decisions for someone else. If you haven't been, consider yourself very lucky.

Funny thing about my post.  The part you chopped off (without indicating there was snippage) talks about how you can get notified your child is in the ER or A&E, talk to the doctors, or exercise that power of attorney, and do it without racking up outrageous costs.

The one thing you're not going to be able to do is rush off anywhere if you're three days from land; and you need to know that there is a significant fine for getting off a USA-roundtrip cruise at a port-of-call (yeah, I'd pay the fine in a potential deathbed case, but not for a broken arm).

On 9/24/2018 at 2:27 AM, ChrisB123 said:

I've been looking and can't find out how my family can contact Dh and I in case of an emergency when we are on the Star next month. Anyone know?

Is it so Princess can contact them in case you have a serious medical emergency?   Not the other way around?

ChrisB123,  if you booked your cruise using a travel agent; I would give your family the travel agents phone #.  Then if something comes up; let your travel agent get a hold of you.  I have done this personally and it worked fine.  Second choice is to buy the wifi package onboard and use text messaging which is quick and efficient. Third choice would be email.  Have a great cruise

From Princess web site.

To provide greater peace of mind while you're away from home, give friends and relatives the following information on how to telephone you. Contact your phone company directly for rates, your phone company will charge you directly for calls made to the ship. When calling, please include guest name and stateroom number to ensure quick delivery.

Guests may use their personal mobile devices onboard while at sea in international waters and in other areas where such use is permitted. A compatible mobile device and a service plan capable of roaming internationally with Maritime Communications Partners AS is required. Please contact your wireless service provider for availability and rates. 

For calls originating outside of the US and Canada, the following numbers should be used, preceded by your country's International Direct Dialing (IDD) code and the global ocean code 870. Please contact your long distance service provider for pricing. For example, if you would like to call the Diamond Princess in the Pacific Ocean from the United States, dial 011 870 773 933 441.

SHIP PHONE NUMBER FAX NUMBER
Caribbean Princess 764 947 526 764 947 528
Coral Princess 765 068 575 765 068 582
Crown Princess 764 597 398 764 597 410
Diamond Princess 773 933 441 783 928 667
Emerald Princess 761 118 492 761 118 494
Golden Princess 773 930 736 323 500 829
Grand Princess 765 077 833 765 077 841
Island Princess 773 801 227 783 403 039
Majestic Princess 773 266 085 783 930 558
Pacific Princess 765 073 115 765 073 116
Regal Princess 765 120 542 765 120 547
Royal Princess 765 111 847 765 111 852
Ruby Princess 764 877 443 764 877 445
Sapphire Princess 773 930 015 783 150 835
Sea Princess 765 087 732 765 087 734
Star Princess 765 079 556 n/a
Sun Princess 764 050 768 764 050 770

En Route DelaysThe Internet at SeaPrincess@Sea - Complimentary Onboard Web & Messaging ToolCell Phones at Sea

Be aware that a ship's INMARSAT number [e.g. +870-xxx-079-556 for the Star Princess] is the most clunky option:

• The caller talks to the Purser's staff, they transcribe it, and deliver it in written form to your stateroom.

• You'll notice the "in the Pacific Ocean" caveat.  The ship's number changes based upon where it currently is on the globe and Princess may or may not have updated the web page.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:09 PM, Haboob said:

No. They update the website when the ship moves.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:23 PM, Haboob said:

The ship's number changes based upon where it currently is on the globe and Princess may or may not have updated the web page.

Well, which is it?

You have posted a lot about the cost...

If someone is receiving a true emergency message like:

"your kid was in a serious accident, and we need to decide whether to continue life support..."

...people probably care little about the cost.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, pablo222 said:

Well, which is it?

You have posted a lot about the cost...

If someone is receiving a true emergency message like:

"your kid was in a serious accident, and we need to decide whether to continue life support..."

...people probably care little about the cost.

1) We've already agreed, upthread, that Princess needs to update the phone numbers as ships change oceans, but that Princess is Princess.

2) I've already said, upthread, "yeah, I'd pay the fine [for debarking early on a US roundtrip cruise] in a potential deathbed case, but not for a broken arm".   Extend the concept.

8 hours ago, Haboob said:

1) We've already agreed, upthread, that Princess needs to update the phone numbers as ships change oceans, but that Princess is Princess.

It is amusing to think that anything is ever decided on cruisecritic.

You must not have been around for very long...

Regardless of whether princess changes the number, I was pointing out that you've told us princess does both.

The last 4 or 5 cruises that I have went on, I was worried about leaving my elderly (87) father.  He was handicapped and I was the only child living here (my half brother lives in Germany and my other half siblings have passed away).   He knew I worried and he always encouraged me to go on vacation and not worry.  We had a "deal" and it worked out well for us.  I would send him a FB message via messenger every evening telling him about everything we did that day.   He would send me a message telling me whatever sports scores that My husband would be interested in, as well as what was going on at home.  Every night.  Every morning I would send him a message, telling him about plans for the day, as he would me.  I would type my message to him offline, sign on, copy/paste my message ot him and sign off.   Every other day I would FB Messenger Video Chat him.  It worked.   I had my free platinum minutes and doing it like that I never used them all up.   I still worried, but I had peace of mind.  

• Like 2