Seaside Meet & Mingle CruiseCritic

blordos

We were attending the CruiseCriticMeet and Mingle Party on the Seaside on the September 8th cruise. The MSC staff did a wonderfull job to make this happening. The meeting was held in the restaurant Ocean Cay on deck 16. Most of the senior officers were present. The cruise director, hotel director, chief housekeeping and more staff. Free drinks and cocktails are always welcome. There was a very large cake with Cruisecritic written on it. The cake tasts great. I should ask for a second portion because the cake was large enough for everybody. After the speech a group photo was taken and every cabin received a free copy.

One word about the presence of the CC members. Only 4 table with passengers was occupied. In total about 15 people.

I remember there was more than 50+ people on the signing list on this forum for this meeting. Why so less people shows up I don't know. MSC did everything to make this possible. The night before this meeting we received the written invitation in our cabin. Steve, the cruise directore said this meeting was the most exclusive on board of the ship. We wish to thank MSC for the party. (y)

The official MSC Cruisecritic Meet and Mingle photo.

Cruise%20Critics%20Meet%20&%20Mingle%20MSC%20Seaside.jpg

Steve the cruise director did the speech. We spoke to some staff at our table.

Meet%20Mingle%201.jpg

The CruiseCritic cake. Note the trade mark ! It was delicious !! :hearteyes:

Meet%20Mingle%202.jpg

Edited by blordos

One time I hosted one. It was the first morning on the ship which was also a sea day. It is the only morning in all of my cruise days that I woke up feeling a little queasy. As host, I had to pull it together and show up.

Many people skipped the meet and greet because they were feeling seasick. Some sent a spouse or friend to let me know and others contacted me later in the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did the CC meet and mingle on the Seaside the week of Sept 15. It was held in the Haven bar, and it was packed. At least 100 people.

We also attended that event for that sailing. Small dishes of appetizers were also served along with drinks and cake. One of the ship's performing groups also played music. All in all one of the nicer Cruise Critic Meet and Mingles. A negative for some attendees was the timing as the event was scheduled for 5:00pm and their dinner was for 5:15pm. Our dinner was 5:30 pm which was better.

So enjoyed the cruise;but lost a favorite ring in the cabin. So hoping that somehow it will be found!

What sort of venue is used on seaside? The first one we attended on Divina was very sociable as it was in the silver (or Divina) bar. But the second one in Eataly was more insular as everyone had their own table.

Apologies, the wife told me to read the whole thread to see that it was held in the Ocean Cay restaurant.

Did holding it in a restaurant inhibit mingling between CC members? We know the crew will visit every table at least once.

What sort of venue is used on seaside? The first one we attended on Divina was very sociable as it was in the silver (or Divina) bar. But the second one in Eataly was more insular as everyone had their own table.

The Meet and Mingle on the Seaside for the week of Sept 15 was in the Haven lounge. There was no mingling - everyone sat at tables.

We said some words with the cc members but mostly we did just mingle with the staff. And it pays off. We had the Fantastica cabins and we asked for a tour in the YC area because me and my wife had once a YC cabin on Merviglia but the rest of our company didn't have a clue about the special YC treatment. So we went to the Customer Service for some information. The employee there wasn't very helpfull. He said the YC area was a special place and all tours were fully booked. As it happens a MSC senior officer Arnold, head of the food and beverage, walks by and heard our story. We met him at the cc meet & mingle party and he would personally invite us for a YC tour. He arranged with the YC headbutler a small tour in the YC. We were delighted and received some cocktails and sushi appetizers in the lounge. After the tour he even arranged a table in the YC restaurant. Our waiter Randy served us the whole evening with lobsters as it was the last elegant night on the ship. We appreciate this gesture very much !