Magic / Live / Solo / Sep 30-Oct 7 2018

sid_9169

Back at Alchemy now. Something with tequila, vodka, coconut liquor, and fresh coconut water... No name, but I know it's about 80% alcohol

[ATTACH]429848[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Space Phone 9169.1

Were you too drunk to remember if this was good or not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

Ravi at Alchemy brought something special for me tonight from his home country. Camphor, blended with grey goose vodka ( yes, vodka because it has a more neutral taste) and basil... Probably the most unique drink I have ever had in my life, and I've had a few...

IMG_20181002_180054810.thumb.jpg.2e3188c9f4bac5594491e51c673bb65f.jpg

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

IMG_20181002_180046321.thumb.jpg.5a55ce4c0190c89deaafe2dc18bdf1d2.jpg

I love it! We could be best friends real easy!

Both my full and part time jobs are officially done, and I'm about to head home and do laundry and pack... Of course, adult beverages will be enjoyed while all that's going on. And I guess I'm going to have to russul up some dinner too... I am officially on vacation!!!!!!!!!...

[ATTACH]429483[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

Thanks, Sid, for another awesome review. When I read your Vista review I thought that would be our next Carnival cruise, but it turns out we are sailing on Horizon this Sat.:D (And then Getaway for the 2nd time) I am super excited! Maybe I'll ask for a special tequila drink at Alchemy, too.:cool:

I love how you honour your lady on your cruises. I too have a special necklace I wear for my baby boy who died in 1996. It's not his ashes, but a silver heart missing a link with his birthstone.

Heather

• Like 2

Wow... You bunch of fine people just surpassed 20,000 views for this live review! ( You're all fine people, believe me.)

I am truly blown away. It's only the input from the readers that keep me going on. I'm pretty much here by myself except for you fine people... Thanks again for following along...

• Like 1

My Italian is a little rusty, forgive me... (Just kidding, I don't speak any Italian at all except for the curse words in gangster movies) I believe this is salmon carpaccio.

IMG_20181002_183624626.thumb.jpg.30788fc72576b20b3dfd5c835917bc8d.jpg

IMG_20181002_183615378.thumb.jpg.7524198cda8772833f7cde0abf4950ee.jpg

Hi James,

I can't thank you enough for this; it's kept me occupied and hungry for more for days. I'm going solo on Magic (same itinerary as yours) at the end of this month, same trip as Rio Negro (waving hi!). It's my first time on that ship so all of your commentary and photos are meaningful to me.

But guess what else is meaningful? For the first time I have reserved my pre-cruise hotel stay in Brickell instead of the usual airport motel or a SoBe classic. I wanted to do it and by God, I am doing it, without any knowledge of the area at all. I am staying right across the street from Four Seasons (you grabbed a shot of my hotel in your photo stream); without you, I NEVER would have known about Saturday happy hour there. And your photos of the general area have me beyond excited... nothing where I live is over two stories tall! Your view of the inside of the MetroMover helped me too since I use a mobility scooter and I could see the space available for me.

Needless to say, I'll be following this to the end, enjoying your journey with you. I don't drink much but your photos and descriptions almost make me wish I did. Thank you SOOOO much!

jj

PS: I knew exactly what your pendant was when I saw it because I have one too. I read your Vista review to find out who. She was lucky to have you.

PS#2: It's been four years. It will take at least another year, maybe two, before you will be able to allow yourself to feel any joy again. But you will.

• Like 2

The bone in pork chop... They call it something fancy on the menu, but that's what it is. I'll go ahead and say it was pretty good...

IMG_20181002_190605171.thumb.jpg.ce1a1afb5e4c3734a5064e522d0cb9fe.jpg

And a side of charred broccoli and cauliflower.

IMG_20181002_190610773.thumb.jpg.8acc566d5601588d3efbad17b59992e1.jpg

IMG_20181002_190555672.thumb.jpg.5665d11a8cbd972c1e6938acea3ed423.jpg

Wow... You bunch of fine people just surpassed 20,000 views for this live review! ( You're all fine people, believe me.)

I am truly blown away. It's only the input from the readers that keep me going on. I'm pretty much here by myself except for you fine people... Thanks again for following along...

Thank YOU for this live review! I find myself refreshing every couple of minutes waiting for your next post! I give you a lot of credit for not only journalizing your cruise antics in the most fun way, but also for cruising solo while doing the review. I wish I had the nerve to cruise solo. Maybe some day.

• Like 1

Thank YOU for this live review! I find myself refreshing every couple of minutes waiting for your next post! I give you a lot of credit for not only journalizing your cruise antics in the most fun way, but also for cruising solo while doing the review. I wish I had the nerve to cruise solo. Maybe some day.
Since I'm cruising solo, it's like you all are my travel mates. It's the input from you and the others that keeps me going... Thanks for following.

Thanks for a fun review!

I'm also a fan of tequila .Have you found any on the ship not included with cheers?

Everything is included. The highest priced tequila is the Roca Patron, and it's what I've been drinking the whole time, straight and with mixed drinks...

I just spent my entire evening reading the start of your review!!! I just love it!!!! I can not wait to keep reading! We will be sailing the Magic March 10th-17th and going to recommend your review to our whole group! We still have room if you wanna join our group and sail again you seem like such an awesome guy!!!! Have fun!

• Like 1

I just spent my entire evening reading the start of your review!!! I just love it!!!! I can not wait to keep reading! We will be sailing the Magic March 10th-17th and going to recommend your review to our whole group! We still have room if you wanna join our group and sail again you seem like such an awesome guy!!!! Have fun!
I wish I could go. I'm sailing on the Norwegian Breakaway out of New Orleans in February, my budget is already busted...

Having so much fun reading your great review. Thanks so much for taking the time to take us along, and for sharing your story and awesome pictures!
Thanks so much for being here.

Hi James,

I can't thank you enough for this; it's kept me occupied and hungry for more for days. I'm going solo on Magic (same itinerary as yours) at the end of this month, same trip as Rio Negro (waving hi!). It's my first time on that ship so all of your commentary and photos are meaningful to me.

But guess what else is meaningful? For the first time I have reserved my pre-cruise hotel stay in Brickell instead of the usual airport motel or a SoBe classic. I wanted to do it and by God, I am doing it, without any knowledge of the area at all. I am staying right across the street from Four Seasons (you grabbed a shot of my hotel in your photo stream); without you, I NEVER would have known about Saturday happy hour there. And your photos of the general area have me beyond excited... nothing where I live is over two stories tall! Your view of the inside of the MetroMover helped me too since I use a mobility scooter and I could see the space available for me.

Needless to say, I'll be following this to the end, enjoying your journey with you. I don't drink much but your photos and descriptions almost make me wish I did. Thank you SOOOO much!

jj

PS: I knew exactly what your pendant was when I saw it because I have one too. I read your Vista review to find out who. She was lucky to have you.

PS#2: It's been four years. It will take at least another year, maybe two, before you will be able to allow yourself to feel any joy again. But you will.

Brickell is awesome. You'll love it. There is so much to see and do in such a small area. Thanks for commenting, and thanks for following...