smoking e cigarettes

Holey

I'm not here to condone breaking rules, but Naughty is right. Like it or not, it's happening. I was on a cruise that stopped in Cozumel and went on a fishing excursion set up through the cruise line. As we got headed out to our fishing spot, another cruise passenger on the excursion pulled out a joint and offered to share with anyone who wanted to participate. There are drugs on that boat. There are drugs being taken in cabins....in multiple ways. There are drugs being taken out in the open....are you really sure that was a Tylenol that guy at the bar just took?

I have a vape pen sitting next to me which is virtuously odorless because there is no flavor in it. There is nothing to create an odor. If I smoke this on my balcony nobody would ever know. Again, I'm not saying break the rules, buy you really are fooling yourself if you think it doesn't happen.

I'm not here to condone breaking rules, but Naughty is right. Like it or not, it's happening. I was on a cruise that stopped in Cozumel and went on a fishing excursion set up through the cruise line. As we got headed out to our fishing spot, another cruise passenger on the excursion pulled out a joint and offered to share with anyone who wanted to participate. There are drugs on that boat. There are drugs being taken in cabins....in multiple ways. There are drugs being taken out in the open....are you really sure that was a Tylenol that guy at the bar just took?

I have a vape pen sitting next to me which is virtuously odorless because there is no flavor in it. There is nothing to create an odor. If I smoke this on my balcony nobody would ever know. Again, I'm not saying break the rules, buy you really are fooling yourself if you think it doesn't happen.

Thank you for clearing up any confusion. It’s amazing what people assume. :cool::'):D

I don’t care what drugs are taken. If you want to kill yourself have at it. Just don’t release anything into the environment and expose me to your nasty addictions.

Don’t they have nicotine tabs and patches for those who are so addicted they are tempted to break rules.

I don’t care what drugs are taken. If you want to kill yourself have at it. Just don’t release anything into the environment and expose me to your nasty addictions.

Don’t they have nicotine tabs and patches for those who are so addicted they are tempted to break rules.

I simply want to reiterate, I'm not condoning breaking the rules. I understand why they are there and are for the betterment of the small community on board. I was just saying, on every cruise you are on, in every hotel room you stay in, in every rental car you drive, someone is smoking something where they shouldn't be.

I also don't have an addiction, but thank you for your concern. That's also not denial, I understand your presumption.

Wow you are not getting it all all. This photo is a lady that sat on her cabin balcony next to ours before sail away chain smoking using a glass from the stateroom. Celebrity cared nothing about her. Did not even knock on her door. Just moved us. :')

2E0DC98B-35CB-4993-9868-B73E5ABAA67D.jpeg.f5552d46789f447944edf790e37d1c85.jpeg

Edited by Naughty&Nautical

Understand. And when a guy lit up his cigar on the balcony next to us and I leaned over and told him to stop, and he ignored me, I called the Desk and they sent up a security personnel. I understand they explained very clearly to him what the rules were and what would happen if he lit up again. No, it wasn’t being removed at the next port, it was a $200 fine. Don’t know if that’s changed, this occurred 2 years ago.

I’ve heard more than a few times that so many of these similar situations are handled so differently. Who knows why.

As to what this thread is really about, the OP asked a good question; got the responses she was needing and thanked us. I think we are all well aware that people break rules. Not exactly a revelation.

Den

Understand. And when a guy lit up his cigar on the balcony next to us and I leaned over and told him to stop, and he ignored me, I called the Desk and they sent up a security personnel. I understand they explained very clearly to him what the rules were and what would happen if he lit up again. No, it wasn’t being removed at the next port, it was a $200 fine. Don’t know if that’s changed, this occurred 2 years ago.

I’ve heard more than a few times that so many of these similar situations are handled so differently. Who knows why.

As to what this thread is really about, the OP asked a good question; got the responses she was needing and thanked us. I think we are all well aware that people break rules. Not exactly a revelation.

Den

"As to what this thread is really about, the OP asked a good question; got the responses she was needing and thanked us. I think we are all well aware that people break rules. Not exactly a revelation."

Clearly some in the thread did not realize what really happens on the ships. Or even in the hotels they stay in. The mention of it scared them so much they had my thread deleted. I'm glad you're situation was handled by security right away. That is great! Chances are they probably didn't have another available room to move you to. Happy Sailing ;)