What did you think about Golden Princess

Lunur

Hi, I just booked my honeymoon cruise on the Golden Princess in Alaska in September 2019. Princess has a lot of ships sailing in Alaska. Did I make a good choice? What can you tell me about her?

Thank you for your help!

I also used Golden for my first Alaska experience a few years ago and absolutely loved her. She is an earlier member of the Grand class, I like these earlier ships since they have less decks and so less passengers competing for deck space, especially in Alaska.

We had a memorable cruise and truly loved Golden, I'd sail her again in a minute!

Congratulations

We were on the Golden in June and was very happy with most everything. The food in the dining room was above average. Only issue we had was the Cruise Director, John. We found him to be very rude and made obnoxious comments about the Captain.

we were on golden in Aug/Sept this year. if we have choices, will choice Star or Ruby (with the same itinerary). we had outstanding services on Star. Both Star and Ruby have nice INDOOR steam room and sauna.

golden have water leak problems on many decks, we saw on deck 12 and spa. mole in the bath area. crack window in HC.

entertainments and food are fine on golden, but services are not good like Star.

On the right hand side of this page, there is a box with a list of Princess ships. Click on Golden Princess and it will bring up all threads about the Golden. There are many recent ones discussing her condition, pros & cons. We just returned from a 12 nights trip on her (LA>Alaska>LA) and overall she's in pretty good condition, though showing her age. Your opinion of the ship will depend on what your priorities are, so review the many threads about her.

Hi, I just booked my honeymoon cruise on the Golden Princess in Alaska in September 2019. Princess has a lot of ships sailing in Alaska. Did I make a good choice? What can you tell me about her?

Thank you for your help!

We were on the Golden for 28 days and loved every minute of it. Hanging out and reading—cuddled on a couch— in Skywalkers on sea days is one of the most peaceful, quiet ways to spend a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did 14 nights on the Golden in August. Our main concern was that one of the aft elevators was out of order; we were told it had been out since June. Otherwise, she was in pretty good shape; we didn't encounter any of the leaks we'd heard of. Our cabin was fine.We were in a window suite--unfortunately, these don't exist on many ships.

We are doing SB Alaska next August on Golden. Booked this ship mainly because of its size and having the indoor pool option. Does the Golden have a thermal suite spa?

No Thermal Suite Spa. Just the ordinary "free" sets up (sauna, serenity pool, etc). No heated loungers.

you have to walk through out door open deck to access sauna and steam room. often the deck is wet due to weather, air is cold and windy, deck could be slippery, just be careful.

also we have to ask them to turn on sauna and steam room every time when we walked in . cause they don't turn them on everyday. steam room does not work well, we gave up on that one. sauna works when it was on.