Just finished checking in - question

warmwinds

While checking in a lot of information was pre-populated, we've been on many Celebrity cruises and are Captain's Club. Almost all of it accurate, except for one strange thing.

When it came time to designate a contact not traveling with us, the name was blank but it has a pre-populated phone number from Sacramento, CA. Area code 916. We do not nor ever have known anyone in Sacramento, any idea why this random phone number would show up on our Celebrity account?

And I had never printed our own baggage tags before, thinking the paper would be flimsy and rip off - I can see that folding and folding is a pretty good idea, and now don't have to wonder if the tags will arrive on time. We'll just borrow a stapler from the hotel we stay at the night before heading to the ship.

Some people have reported seeing a request to upload a picture during check in. I just completed ours about 2 weeks ago after seeing reports of it here, but didn't encounter the request. I always use an InPrivate window when doing anything on the X website FWIW. The picture isn't a requirement anyway and they still take your photo at the pier on embarkation day. I did read one post saying the poster got the photo upload request and even though it wasn't mandatory couldn't proceed. They reported changing browsers and completed their check-in.

As far as the luggage tags, if you're in the US you can request that they be mailed to you or if time is short and you're printing them yourself I'd recommend either the luggage tag holders sold in various places or covering the tags front and back with packing tape for reinforcement. After reinforcing them with the tape you could staple them on and they'd be just as secure as the mailed ones. Or you could arrive at the pier with your luggage and ask the porter to do it.

I haven't had the problem with weird names showing up on my info at check in, but with the changes in the website over the last year and a half nothing is surprising! That's exactly why I always use the private browsing window with Celebrity. It doesn't allow cookies or add to my browsing history.