Could we made 11:45 flight

SOLIVITA LADY

We are sailing the Epic round trip Rome in October, 2019 and there is an 11:45am flight from Rome I am thinking about. Is it possible for us to make that flight if I arrange for a private pickup day of disembarkation or should I stay the night at an airport hotel and get the flight the next day.

Main boarding of the ship seems to be in Barcelona so that may come in to play with getting off the ship in Rome.

Also does NCL have a coffee card and/or a water package. We have the unlimited bev pkg and dinner pkg as perks.

Thanks for your help. New to NCL (elite on Princess but they don’t have the itinerary I want).

Jackie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I cannot answer your questions - but at least this will bump your post up so that other people might see it.

Why in the world would you bump a post after 10 minutes?

WRT the 11:45 flight, it is fine. Be prepared to do self walk off. It is about an hour to the airport. The challenge is that the majority of the people on the ship (since Rome is not the primary embarkation port) will be trying to get off at the same time, trying to get to the city. The Gangways will be crowded.

There is no coffee package or water package. Neither are included in the beverage package and are purchased individually (or in quantity (case) for water)

Edited by BirdTravels

You don't mention the itinerary return time. Let's assume it's 8:00 and you choose the easrliest self-assist time and you are off, luggage in hand, 9:00. The drive to the airport from Civitavecchia to the airport is at least an hour over Italy roads and traffic. Let's say 1.5 hours. You are already really too late for an international flight.

There is a chance, if everything went perfectly. Off ship 8:30. Exactly one hour 9:30. Now you are 2 hours ahead of flight. I would not expect that to happen.

Lots of reports lately of ships returning off schedule... if you chance it make sure you have good travel insurance and that it covers you for a late return/missed flight.

No coffee card (unfortunately!) Water can be purchased in packs of 1L bottles 6,12,18 and will be available in MyNCL ahead of time or on board.

Thanks everyone for your insight. I think I’ll stay the night at the airport and fly home the next day even though the ship docks at 6:00 am. Want to make this as stress free as possible and don’t want to worry the whole trip.

Can I bring on water or will the confiscate that.

Jackie

Thanks everyone for your insight. I think I’ll stay the night at the airport and fly home the next day even though the ship docks at 6:00 am. Want to make this as stress free as possible and don’t want to worry the whole trip.

Can I bring on water or will the confiscate that.

Jackie

That's the best choice. No sense ending your cruise with lots of stress. See if NCL does a post cruise tour. Sometimes they do, and will drop you and your luggage at the airport afterward.

We just returned from our Epic cruise last Wednesday. We had an 11:05am flight out of Rome direct to Chicago. We carried off our own luggage and were picked up by a private driver at 7:05am, there were 8 of us. We got to the airport by 8:05am, and our driver was not speeding! Probably the slowest driver we had all week!! We had plenty of time to spare!