Star Class Restaurant Reservations

Hi! We are traveling in a two bedroom Aquatheatre suite with our two young children who are asleep by the time most people eat dinner on a cruise. We have babysitters we are bringing onboard to watch them at night, but I am not sure of the times we'd like to go to dinner since it really depends on the day/how the kids are/when they eat. Our genie asked us to send over reservations for when and where we'd like to go to dinner, but if we make reservations now, how hard is it to get in an hour later or an hour earlier, etc to Chops, 150 Central Park, etc. Thank you!

As Bob said, later is generally easier when changing a reservation.

I do recommend that you go ahead and make reservations up front as place holders. The Genies are pretty good at being able to get you in, even if the reservations are booked for a specific time and location...but they can't make seats for you where there aren't any. It's nice to be able to have the Genie do the legwork for you though. They will do everything they can to accommodate you.

In the sum total of one star class cruise, we found it easy to change restaurant reservations, during the cruise.

We were on a cruise that was longer than a week, so more changes than normal were needed, but on the first day we were given an itinerary for the total cruise with reservations for every night, at different times. During the week we were due to go back to Chops or another place and with only a couple of days notice we cancelled some reservations and made others. All requests were handled.

One night we turned up to Jamie's and they said we were supposed to be at Chops, we explained that the Genie had changed the reservation and he had to look in another system to find our reservation, and we went from a we can't fit you in as we are full to here is your table.

If you want to change at the last minute - as a Star Class guest you have two options, I am sure they would be able to fit you in last minute at Coastal Kitchen. Also, you can have food from any restaurant delivered to your room as room service, so you can eat on the balcony outside. I am sure that would make getting the kids ready for bed easier as well. That way you can eat what you want when you want.