Disembarkation In Fort Lauderdale

99Cruiser

I'll be getting off the ship in Fort Lauderdale and my flight is at 3:00PM out of Miami so I am thinking about renting a car for part of the day but was wondering what time I would be able to get off the ship if we took our luggage off ourselves?

I figured I can Uber back to the airport and get the car and will have some of the day to do things in the area.

Give me some suggestions to do in Fort Lauderdale or Miami for the morning.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and one of our party was leaving from Miami. She put the pencil to the paper and found it was pretty close cost wise to take an excursion that would drop them off in Miami rather than a shuttle and a whole lot less trouble.. You might want to check that out.

They scheduled self embarkation around 7:30 and I think it started about that time.

I'll be getting off the ship in Fort Lauderdale and my flight is at 3:00PM out of Miami so I am thinking about renting a car for part of the day but was wondering what time I would be able to get off the ship if we took our luggage off ourselves?

I figured I can Uber back to the airport and get the car and will have some of the day to do things in the area.

Give me some suggestions to do in Fort Lauderdale or Miami for the morning.

7/7:30 am. There are rental services that allow pick up in F.L. and drop off in Miami for no extra charge. If you figure you have to be at the airport by 1pm, earlier if on an international flight, then you only have about 5 1/2 hours to drive around, some of which is before stuff opens up. You can drive to the F.L. beach area and walk around. You can drive to South Beach Miami and again walk around. You can try to schedule an Everglades tour. If you want to shop you can go to the Sawgrass Mills Mall. It takes about 45 mins. to drive from F.L. to the Miami airport.

Agree with previous poster, look at a Princess debarkation tour.

We have looked at the tours and nothing really excites us. I get discounts on rental cars and can get one for under $40 picking up in Fort Lauderdale and dropping off in Miami so the shuttle would be more than that.

If we can get off at 7, we can Uber to the airport to get car rental and then go get breakfast before heading out and just sight see.

It is like shooting a fish in a barrel when it comes to disembarkation. It all relies on if customs is fully staffed, how many other ships are in port and if there is any issue with your ship clearing customs first, but most of the time, 7 is a good time they usually get going by

When you put pencil to paper, allow yourself approx 1 hr to disembark, get to the car rental place and actually get into the car, allow for traffic to get you to your destination and a lot of places I see in Miami to park cost $$, IF you can find the place to park, then allow yourself another hour to return your car, get to the airport, through security, outside of the two hour window.

We just got home from Ft Lauderdale, we stayed a few days afterwards and planned an Everglades tour. The only way to get to the location was to rent a car. The driving directions stated about a 45 min drive..this was at 6:30 am two Saturdays ago. To make it easier, I rented the car from Friday afternoon so we could be on the road by 6:30 Sat. I had arranged to be picked up at the hotel at noon Friday. we wait and we wait. Finally driver showed up at 12:30, then we had to wait for the bridges to allow the boats to go by, more time, then to the office to sign the papers, it was busy so we had to wait some more..so we had planned some stuff for Friday afternoon with the car, and were rushed because it took so much time to get the car. Saturday the 45 minute travel time ended up being just over an hour.

So, just because you can embark by 7 and be at the airport by 1, really doesn't give you a lot of time to sight see.