Heading out on the Explorer on Saturday 6th October, is there anyth you want to know.

:cool: Looking forward to explore the Explorer:o

Enjoy your Cruise. We are on it on the 25th Nov so counting down the days. We were on it's sister ship (Celebrity Century) a few years ago and it is a lovely ship.

Enjoy your Cruise. We are on it on the 25th Nov so counting down the days. We were on it's sister ship (Celebrity Century) a few years ago and it is a lovely ship.

Thanks getting very excited now. Love exploring (pardon the pun) new cruise ships :'):'):')

Cloudyrain, thanks again. Good to know there actually is a library as we have noticed over the years that they are becoming smaller with less of a book selection. I know HAL have been tweaking libraries on their ships too. We will head for the library when we are doing our wee explore of the ship shortly after boarding.

I didn't know you are actually onboard now, and unless you are using free shore WiFi you must be using your precious (expensive and slow) onboard internet minutes answering questions. Really kind of you, but if it is costing you, Scot born will board in a few days.

Ah don’t worry, free 4g from my internet provider in port don’t worry :)

It’s a lovely ship so I don’t mind spending a few minutes reassuring people :)

The books seem to be a good mix (some passenger donated, others supplied by the ship). New and old (including new best sellers like Eleanor Oliphant is Fine) and a good range of factual and fiction. The board game selection is relatively good too if that’s something you like.

Have a good holiday everyone: it’s a a good ship and overall really happy :)

Hello Scotborn (me too)

I've just noticed you are off today.Have a wonderful time.

In case you do get my message.Could you please find out which decks you are allowed to smoke on.I feel like a broken record (remember them)as I have asked this question several times.I am on deck 12 and as an ex smoker I don't want to be near a smoking area as I can't stand the smell.I will be very grateful if you are able to find out. Going in February.

Hello Scotborn (me too)

Could you please find out which decks you are allowed to smoke on.I feel like a broken record (remember them)as I have asked this question several times.I am on deck 12 and as an ex smoker I don't want to be near a smoking area as I can't stand the smell.I will be very grateful if you are able to find out. Going in February.

We have just got back from the Explorer, a lovely ship! Smoking is outside on the starboard side of Deck 6 and on Deck 12 forward overlooking the pool. Also on the outside deck aft of the Squid and Anchor. We hardly saw anyone smoking other than outside the Squid and Anchor in the evenings, and we never smelled smoke anywhere. Hope you have a great cruise:)

Safe advice - My safe used a 6 digit PIN number which you set yourself but the previous occupier left it closed!. A trip to reception sorted the problem as they came and used their master PIN. I then happily unpacked and loaded the safe over 20 minutes or so. The safe now did not work. Another trip to reception solved the problem. If you leave the door open for an extended period the locking electronics resets and you have to go through the PIN input sequence again

Hi Scot born

could you try and see the cabins on deck 10 10160 we are joining Explorer march 2019 with our cruise and stay thanks in advance.

deck 10 cabin 10160 large family balcony at back of ship. Below squid and anchor sun deck above looks like the kiddies club

We have just got back from the Explorer, a lovely ship! Smoking is outside on the starboard side of Deck 6 and on Deck 12 forward overlooking the pool. Also on the outside deck aft of the Squid and Anchor. We hardly saw anyone smoking other than outside the Squid and Anchor in the evenings, and we never smelled smoke anywhere. Hope you have a great cruise:)

This is all correct info good old cc friends 👍

Safe advice - My safe used a 6 digit PIN number which you set yourself but the previous occupier left it closed!. A trip to reception sorted the problem as they came and used their master PIN. I then happily unpacked and loaded the safe over 20 minutes or so. The safe now did not work. Another trip to reception solved the problem. If you leave the door open for an extended period the locking electronics resets and you have to go through the PIN input sequence again

Looks like they have solved this problem as when embarking the ship they handed printouts with the over ride number so no need to go chasing :')

One thing we did like was lots of water machines near the cabins. We always take water out with us as we do a lot of walking and like to have water in the cabin at night. Never had to buy any water. It's worth taking a drinks bottle.

18 hours ago, Scot born said:

Well I'm back. Hope you are all well. Had a great time Just to let you know I have submitted my review.

Hi,where and when will your review be available to read,cheers,Brian.

1 hour ago, Scot born said:

Sorry Brian I posted it on CC reviews under marella Explorer 

Hi,it's not on there yet,I read on another board that they have to be approved first.After the site revamp,there's probably a backlog.Cheers,Brian.