Pigeon Island National Park

SeaWatcher65

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious about the Viator tour to Pigeon Island.  It seems that it's cheaper to go with them than it is to just pick up a taxi at the port, but in one place on Viator's website it says the tour length is 3 hours and in another it says 3 - 5 hours.  Five hours would be plenty, but three would probably not be enough for us.  To those of you that used Viator what was the length of your tour?

Thanks!

Cindy

1 hour ago, cloudydrms said:

I'm curious about the Viator tour to Pigeon Island.  It seems that it's cheaper to go with them than it is to just pick up a taxi at the port, but in one place on Viator's website it says the tour length is 3 hours and in another it says 3 - 5 hours.  Five hours would be plenty, but three would probably not be enough for us.  To those of you that used Viator what was the length of your tour?

Thanks!

Cindy

Hi Cindy...We used Viator's Pigeon Island tour two months ago, and it was at least five hours, from pick-up to drop-off back at our ship. As soon as we arrived on Pigeon Island, our guide just asked us what time we wanted to be picked up and there were no time limits mentioned. We happened to be the only two people on this tour, but if there are others, you may have to coordinate with them. You can always call Viator with your questions before you book. Our experience was their service was excellent and very reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 12:56 PM, SeaWatcher65 said:

A day at Pigeon Island National Park? Any thoughts? https://www.slunatrust.org/

In port 8am-6pm. I don't see much information on cruise critic. What I've learned is it's about 23 minutes away, maybe $70 round trip taxi? Or we could book a private driver to tour all day and make a few other stops along the way. Historical site with buildings, scenic views, (Signal Hill, Fort Rodney), two sandy beaches, a restaurant in the park (Jambe de Bois) and a cellar bar in an old fort (Barnacles).

Other options are to go to Reduit Beach or Vigie Beach but looking for something different to do. Originally wanted to do a boat ride to Sugar Beach between the pitons but concerned after some not so good reviews about transportation.

Thanks for any review, opinions, thoughts.

I love Pigeon. The cab ride is a ways. But great place for snorkeling from shore. 

Old pirates bar. You need to drop your head to get in. People used to be short.

A hill to hike. Chairs are available for fee. Beers and food at restaurant. Banana boat guy coming by. Not a huge beach but nice. TripAdvisor for information.

Check cruise port tt for info on how many ships are in port with you. Sandals is nearby but fenced off. 

As you drive in you can see the Atlantic Ocean pounding on the other side. Pigeon is a Park and was reasonable safe last visit.

St. Lucia has been experience some problems lately. Be diligent!

5 minutes ago, Outta My Work Clothes said:

We are coming in on the Dawn on the 19 th also and planning on heading over to Pigeon Island via Viator.

We have booked on Viator but have tried now for 4 days to contact the company on the Viator tickets called A plus and had no response..... we have tried their website, email and Facebook with no success. If you fancy sharing a taxi let me know!

4 minutes ago, Outta My Work Clothes said:

We are already booked on Viator... also w/ A plus, we have a phone # to contact.

The tickets say to contact the company in advance and we have tried on email and their website and no joy. Have you had any luck making contact?

Rachel, we received this from A+ late last week.

A+ Tours sent you a message:

Thank you for booking with us. 

Please find the A+ Tours sign at the main entrance/exit area for a 9am pickup. There is another couple who will be join us from another cruise ship. 

Also, please be reminded that entrance fees are not included.

4 hours ago, Outta My Work Clothes said:

Rachel, we received this from A+ late last week.

A+ Tours sent you a message:

Thank you for booking with us. 

Please find the A+ Tours sign at the main entrance/exit area for a 9am pickup. There is another couple who will be join us from another cruise ship. 

Also, please be reminded that entrance fees are not included.

We had a reply, looks like we will try be together as he said there are two other couples. Viator messed up our booking which caused the hiccups in communication.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from St Lucia... our trip trough Viator was perfect... told to meet  A+... Andy driver and had another couple of girls from another boat. On way Andy provided info of the isle... when we arrived, we arranged for a pick up time, we had to be back on boat at 4:30 so decided on 2:30 (traffic in AM) ... Andy opened a cooler and we could take whatever we wanted... grabbed water and 2 brews...he said he'd find us and bring us an "isle style' lunch. We moved to the second quaint small beach... set up 2 loungers ($3 ea) and trecked off to discover forts.. walked up to Rodney which is easier of 2... has stairs to top, more like a ladder (brought sneakers for hike...which was a very good idea) Spectacular views... didn't get all the way up on Signal Hill... mostly steep dirt and wife thought better of it... 

Swan for a bit, and Andy came as promised with lunch... tasty... especially after hike and swim... and even exchanged my now warm brews with 2 cold ones. A Jamaican small boat came to shore regularly with drinks in a coconut which were good (so I was told) ...a great day for very little price (we got a 10% off coupon from Viator to make it $40 for both of us), $  8 ea for park enter, 6 for chairs, no need for umbrella as the palms worked fine for shade...

Andy was everything you could ask for... views from beach and fort were sensational... Thankx Deb for your review that steered us here... and hope our 2 friend from England who shared the ride enjoyed the rest of their cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Outta My Work Clothes said:

Just back from St Lucia... our trip trough Viator was perfect... told to meet  A+... Andy driver and had another couple of girls from another boat. On way Andy provided info of the isle... when we arrived, we arranged for a pick up time, we had to be back on boat at 4:30 so decided on 2:30 (traffic in AM) ... Andy opened a cooler and we could take whatever we wanted... grabbed water and 2 brews...he said he'd find us and bring us an "isle style' lunch. We moved to the second quaint small beach... set up 2 loungers ($3 ea) and trecked off to discover forts.. walked up to Rodney which is easier of 2... has stairs to top, more like a ladder (brought sneakers for hike...which was a very good idea) Spectacular views... didn't get all the way up on Signal Hill... mostly steep dirt and wife thought better of it... 

Swan for a bit, and Andy came as promised with lunch... tasty... especially after hike and swim... and even exchanged my now warm brews with 2 cold ones. A Jamaican small boat came to shore regularly with drinks in a coconut which were good (so I was told) ...a great day for very little price (we got a 10% off coupon from Viator to make it $40 for both of us), $  8 ea for park enter, 6 for chairs, no need for umbrella as the palms worked fine for shade...

Andy was everything you could ask for... views from beach and fort were sensational... Thankx Deb for your review that steered us here... and hope our 2 friend from England who shared the ride enjoyed the rest of their cruise!

So glad you enjoyed your trip to Pigeon Island with Andy. You can't beat that price and the services he provided.