Azura - C748 and C749

ScotchBoy

Really nice suites if you like being at the back (we do). I am surprised that these two are left as they are much better than C750 and C751 which have a large supports running through their balcony! You can see what I mean if you look at this description on Toms cruise blog www.tomscruiseblog.com/2012/05/04/ventura-and-azura-balcony-resource/ Click on the picture showing the back of the ship

You do get some noise from the wake, but we don't mind this, and we also like the peace and quiet you get by being at the end of the corridor.

• Like 1

Really nice suites if you like being at the back (we do). I am surprised that these two are left as they are much better than C750 and C751 which have a large supports running through their balcony! You can see what I mean if you look at this description on Toms cruise blog www.tomscruiseblog.com/2012/05/04/ventura-and-azura-balcony-resource/ Click on the picture showing the back of the ship

You do get some noise from the wake, but we don't mind this, and we also like the peace and quiet you get by being at the end of the corridor.

Agreed, Spike. Those two suites look a lot better in themselves, but the reason I went for C751 is that my daughter has booked the corner balcony next door, so we can open up the balcony and share the large curved balcony on that Starboard/Aft corner. If we were going alone, we would have gone for one of the others,

• Like 1

We had one for our honeymoon and it was fantastic. In ports you had a lovely place to relax on the balcony. The views leaving places were great. With the doors closed there was little wake noise but even out on the balcony whilst travelling the noise is soporific.

You can't go wrong with either. Plenty of space and easy to get about the ship, especially for breakfast in the speciality restaurant. We dined up there for our sail into Venice. Can't get better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Are you sure that a suite down wind of the funnels is the best option for your health. Do a little research and you will find that your exposure to harmful toxic fallout is 10,000 times to that living adjacent to the M25.

Are you sure that a suite down wind of the funnels is the best option for your health. Do a little research and you will find that your exposure to harmful toxic fallout is 10,000 times to that living adjacent to the M25.

That's a viewpoint, certainly, but you'd have to rule out more than half the ship to avoid the pollution - and you do have to remember that living somewhere for 365 days a year, year in, year out, is a bit different from a 14 day exposure.

We've been in both those suites and would certainly choose them again. There is no beam through the balconies and we never had an issue with soot. There is noise from the thrusters when leaving and arriving in port but this only goes on for a few minutes and we never found it a problem. For us nothing beats being at the back of the ship overlooking the wake and these cabins are much more spacious than the midship suites on Azura and Ventura. We've been on C749 on Ventura too and the same applies.

• 2 years later...
On 10/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, Scriv said:

Agreed, Spike. Those two suites look a lot better in themselves, but the reason I went for C751 is that my daughter has booked the corner balcony next door, so we can open up the balcony and share the large curved balcony on that Starboard/Aft corner. If we were going alone, we would have gone for one of the others,

Sadly, we never got there. My cruise was one of the first cancelled last year 😞 . So it's a pleasure still to come. 

On 10/4/2018 at 9:19 AM, annieuk said:

We've been in both those suites and would certainly choose them again. There is no beam through the balconies and we never had an issue with soot. There is noise from the thrusters when leaving and arriving in port but this only goes on for a few minutes and we never found it a problem. For us nothing beats being at the back of the ship overlooking the wake and these cabins are much more spacious than the midship suites on Azura and Ventura. We've been on C749 on Ventura too and the same applies.

Hi, I’m looking at booking C749 on Azura, but I read a review elsewhere about cooking smells on the balcony and a noise from the extractor fan.  Did you find this?