Website log in

Welshdoc

Hi,

I know the MSC website is for many of us full of frustrations, pain and anger!!!

Anyway, today, it's asking for our passwords to be reset. I say ours as I'm logging in as myself and two other cabins travelling together and the same is happening to all three accounts.

The new login in window seems to be managed by Microsoft, as the URL starts with https://login.microsoftonline.com.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Let's hope it's the beginning of the website behaving properly!

Ha ha, they have now emailed me another -thank you for booking with us - and another set of booking details paperwork. Well at least they know I'm travelling even if they will not let me look at anything to do with the booking.

When I didn't have any luck bringing up excursions after filling in my booking number, I tried the other option of filling in the cruise details. Area - tick, Port - tick, Ship - tick, date - nothing after November - and we are sailing in December!!!

Perhaps tomorrow???

if it tells you to update your password do the following

click the forgot password link .

it will send you and email to reset it.

click the link

enter new password.

This worked for me. it appears they have new password requirements which is why its probably making us change.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. It seems as though my Voyager's Club has my old email address, although my bookings and offer emails are all coming through to my current one (which I've had for nearly 2 years).

When I tried to change my password I entered my current email address and it said it wasn't recognised, so I tried the old one which I no longer have access to and it accepted it and sent it the link!

By coincidence I had just contacted MSC a couple of days ago when I couldn't get into the Voyager's Club and asked them if they could change the email address. I was emailed back and told that it was now fixed and to go in and change the password using the temporary one they sent me - did it work? No!!!

Have emailed then again twice but am still waiting for a reply. I initially phoned to ask if they could change it but was told I needed to email.

Happy days!!!

Hi,

I know the MSC website is for many of us full of frustrations, pain and anger!!!

Anyway, today, it's asking for our passwords to be reset. I say ours as I'm logging in as myself and two other cabins travelling together and the same is happening to all three accounts.

The new login in window seems to be managed by Microsoft, as the URL starts with https://login.microsoftonline.com.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Let's hope it's the beginning of the website behaving properly!

No i logged in with the old password and had no problems.

Last minute break with msc and cannot believe how rubbish their IT is.

How am I supposed to book excursions etc. I love planning my trips and comparing with local operators and all of that is being denied!

Have phoned in twice to get site reset. Still not showing my booking reference.

Have reset password just now and still showing nothing.

In the society we now live in this is poor.

I'm going to contact my cruise travel agent and see of they can complain too, more buying power than me!

I reset my password and gained access. Unfortunately, the new password requirements are 10-20 digits long, one letter, one number, one upper case letter, one symbol. Oh, and my booking for an October 20th cruise has vanished. :-) Thank goodness I printed tickets over the weekend!!

I changed my password last night and was able to see my booking and everything, but today I can't see my booking and some info is missing from my profile. Their poor website needs a major overhaul!

I’m a computer engineer by trade, and cannot gain access to the site or my info. It is broken. I changed the password as well. As stated before, they told me it was broken, and had no eta to resolution.

I understand your frustration but there must be another reason why you can not log into your account. I just opened another session on my PC, went to the MSC USA website and logged in without any problem. I have done a password reset yesterday. I am on my Desktop-PC at home right now, Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, all standard settings, using Microsoft Edge internet browser.

I understand your frustration but there must be another reason why you can not log into your account. I just opened another session on my PC, went to the MSC USA website and logged in without any problem. I have done a password reset yesterday. I am on my Desktop-PC at home right now, Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, all standard settings, using Microsoft Edge internet browser.

Sir Wolf, yes, there is another reason, you are correct. The password reset worked, finally; I can login to the site, but there is no booking info there. Are you able to see your booking info? If so, the 24 hour message is valid, I suspect it is not. It is not a matter of OS or browser type. I have tested this on several platforms, Windows 7, 8 10, Mac OS, iPhone, iPad, etc. They changed their login authentication and website to the Microsoft Azure cloud. This could cause trouble for folks, and how MSC handles their login authentication. I am hoping this means they are mid-migration to a new data delivery platform, and this problem will be solved when that process is complete. A little communication to their customers would go a long way here. It appears their booked cruises database is completely offline. Their new booking database, however, is working just fine :D:D

I have nothing other than my card statement to prove I paid for the cruise in full, not even an email confirmation. This is my biggest complaint.

Are you able to see your booking info?

Yes, I was able to see my bookings yesterday soon after reset of my password. Today I noticed that I can now switch between bookings. I can see all of my 3 bookings, one already sailed (Sept 2018), one future sailing in April 2019 and one future sailing in November 2019. Default after log in is my next sailing April 2019. Booking can be changed using drop-down box of booking number.

I spoke to a member of the UK customer service centre yesterday and she said their website was 'broken' and their IT department had said it could take up to 5 days to fix. She said they were on day 3 (so now day 4) and they were totally frustrated with it, and we would just need to wait.

Today I have received another 2 booking confirmation emails for my December cruise, that makes 6 of them I have now, better than having none I suppose!

Today I have received another 2 booking confirmation emails for my December cruise, that makes 6 of them I have now, better than having none I suppose!

I get a confirmation email every time I access a booking - so 6 can be the norm sometimes! :rolleyes:

What you describe has been on the UK site for quite some time now.

In the past I had to log out and log in again with booking number & name to gain access to different bookings. I am using the MSC USA website. The switch between bookings using the drop-down box is more convenient. :)