Sailing Regal tomorrow - can we use lanyards?

flahagan

I've been reading about this Ocean Medallion on the newer ships, not sure how it works or if we'll even have it. I usually bring our own lanyards for other cruise lines, but now I'm thinking they won't work. I don't like carrying a purse around on ship and seldom have pockets, so I really like the lanyards. Will they sell something usable on the ship>

Thanks.

I've been reading about this Ocean Medallion on the newer ships, not sure how it works or if we'll even have it. I usually bring our own lanyards for other cruise lines, but now I'm thinking they won't work. I don't like carrying a purse around on ship and seldom have pockets, so I really like the lanyards. Will they sell something usable on the ship>

Thanks.

Bring your lanyard. If you have one of those lanyards that has a pouch then your in business no matter what happens. If you have a medallion believe you will receive a wrist band. From what I have read those cabins that use medallions are also issued cruise cards.

I am also sailing on the Regal too.

When the ship was in Europe for the Summer, all work on Ocean Medallion was postponed. Not all cabins have this right now and the features is very very limited. From what i read, it can open only the door if your cabin is wired. You will still have a regular cruise card that can you attach to a lanyard.

We just got off Regal and did not have a Medallion.

We were told at passenger Services there are printed circuits in the cruise cards and they should not have a hole punched in them or they will probably not work.

They advised us to go and buy a lanyard and pouch in the gift shop.

So we used a pouch on a Lanyard we already had.

enhance

We just got off Regal and did not have a Medallion.

We were told at passenger Services there are printed circuits in the cruise cards and they should not have a hole punched in them or they will probably not work.

Here is an example from royal caribbean (posted by dpostman):

0b4cee422e2cb9613b6a027c6c3bc190.jpg

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52942950&postcount=19

we are sailing on the regal aug 2019 Baltic does the regal offer a wine package still

thanks

That is a year away, who knows what the situation will be by then?

We had a wine package this year on the Baltic.

We used lanyards when we were on the Regal two years ago. They just have to be punched in the correct location.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you hold a really bright flashlight behind then you can see the circuits as per the photo someone just posted earlier.

We were on the Caribbean Princess got off 09-28-18 we had the Ocean Medallion throughout the ship. On Embarkation day we were given both the Ocean Medallion, cruise card and a lanyard for both. The ocean medallion worked great.

Thanks.

Bring it.

We used lanyards when we were on the Regal two years ago. They just have to be punched in the correct location.

s

But, the cards have changed.

They used to have a magnetic stripe for purchases / room key, and a bar code for A-Pass.

Now, they are RFID.

With the old cards, it was easy to see where not to punch.