NCL Breakaway New Orleans Disembarkment

Stewiesmom66

We are disembarking in NO over Thanksgiving and we booked an 11:45 flight. I think if you walk off with your luggage and get in the customs line early, you will make it to that flight with a little time to spare. However, I am sure there are some, my DH included, who will scold you for not considering all the unknowns that could happen to prevent you from getting to your flight on time. I think you will be fine but you won't be leisurely.

We are booked on the Breakaway out of New Orleans in January 2019. First time cruising on NCL and first time out of New Orleans. Is a 11:10am flight too early on the return? How long would it if we self disembark?

If everything goes as planned, you can make it. The last time we were in New Orleans, we were a bit delayed by fog at the mouth of the Mississippi... so unforeseen things can derail your plans occasionally.

We have an 11:30am flight out of MSY after our Breakway cruise in December - Thanks for asking the question! The ship docks at 7am. As long as we walk off and are through customs by 9:30, I think we'll be fine. That being said, we also have Global Entry/TSA-Pre... So we shouldn't have any issues getting through security at the airport. Good Luck!!

Barring unforeseen issues that would delay the ship, you will have plenty of time to make the flight if you disembark using self assist and walk off the ship when first called. We did so some years ago and got to the airport at 8am. Of course, lots of factors - but on a normal arrival and clearance, you'll have time.