Edge Forum Will Be Read Only For A Few Days Starting Oct 9: How Will We Survive?

vtcruising

Since I don't always read the main board or the notices at the top of this board, I thought I would put this out there. We won't be able to post on CC for a few days starting Oct 9 at 7:30 AM - it will be read only. I know some of us will go into withdrawal so wanted to warn everyone, in case you hadn't seen the notice or thread on Main board. I know I will get a lot more done in my other life over those days, but will miss you all! :D

It does look very exciting as far as new features. :D

"We're very excited to share this news with you! Soon we'll be launching a new version of our Community Forums.

Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll see and enjoy:

• Photo Gallery – with photo and video sharing capabilities where you’ll be able to create and share your own albums

• Activity Streams – Personal to you, you’ll be able to easily follow your favorite topics and forums!

• Easy embedding of videos and other content from a wide range of sites, from YouTube and Vimeo to other social media sites. Paste a link to an image, and it'll instantly appear in the topic or post reply editor

• Easy to use mobile version

• And – TaDa! – “Like” a post functionality. Yes, we can hear you now: “It’s about time!”

• Plus much much more!

What’s Not Changing

• Your post count will remain the same, all your posts will be accessible

• Avatars, signatures and profile pictures

• Member names and passwords

• Existing subscriptions to threads (topics), forums, etc.

• Legacy join dates will remain unchanged

• All the forums and discussion areas that you know and love , including our Roll Call forums

What Will You Need to Do?

• Upon your first visit, simply log in with your existing Cruise Critic member name and password

What is Changing

• The Cruise Critic App will no longer be accessible

• Lots of new features and tools

When will this happen?

Our existing forums will become read-only on Tuesday, October 9th at 7:30am ET. We're hoping to re-open for new posts shortly thereafter, with minimal downtime to our members of only a few days.  But we also want to get it right.  So, stay tuned to this announcement for future updates and specifics.

If you have any questions, please write to: community@cruisecritic.com"

The announcement: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=1095&a=518

If you really care about post count, check what your post number is before they do the update. They have done two previous updates that I know of since leaving AOL and for many of us the post count went to 0. I personally don't care about post count since during those changes I probably lost over 50, 000 posts easily and I know its not accurate.Just an FYI.

If you really care about post count, check what your post number is before they do the update. They have done two previous updates that I know of since leaving AOL and for many of us the post count went to 0. Just an FYI.

Thanks! You are getting close to the 20,000 mark (probably you have been there before :D). I hope they keep the counts the same as promised in the announcement.

Thanks Vt for this Alert!

Preparing for withdrawal..

Sounds like it will be more complex and interactive for those who want it to be ...but simple tech 101 folks like me can still post..Recently hit 20,000

Hope we will be able to upload bigger file size so we can post photos from our own gallery

Edited by hcat

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

Vtcruising are you ready with your  New Edge Spreadsheet?

I have it pretty well completed. I need a little help with the search piece. My son is an experienced programmer and will be helping finish it up in about 10 days. It is definitely one of my priorities. I will put it out there again, once I get the search functions added, to get feedback from everyone and then it should be good to go before Nov 23 (I fly out Nov 24). :classic_smile: