Any UK Citizens joined US Global Entry Program?

Hi all,

My husband and I decided it would be worth signing up for the US Global Entry program due to the number of times we go to the US. We completed our application 3 weeks ago and we haven't received our 'pre-approval' yet and wondered if any UK passengers had signed up for this and who long it took to get pre-approval?

On the application form it says 2 weeks, and so I am worried it hasn't come through yet.

We are due to leave on a cruise (to the US) in less than 3 weeks and I was intending to schedule our interviews for then, but I am concerned we may miss this opportunity to have the interview.

Anyone have any experience of their application times for this program they are willing share please?

thanks in advance

Jean

Hi all,

My husband and I decided it would be worth signing up for the US Global Entry program due to the number of times we go to the US. We completed our application 3 weeks ago and we haven't received our 'pre-approval' yet and wondered if any UK passengers had signed up for this and who long it took to get pre-approval?

On the application form it says 2 weeks, and so I am worried it hasn't come through yet.

We are due to leave on a cruise (to the US) in less than 3 weeks and I was intending to schedule our interviews for then, but I am concerned we may miss this opportunity to have the interview.

Anyone have any experience of their application times for this program they are willing share please?

thanks in advance

Jean

I don't think pre-approval is consistent. My wife (naturalized US citizen) and I (Born US) applied at the same time. She got pre-approval in less than a week, mine took 5 weeks. Then we signed up for the interview and the soonest appointment was another month down the road.

Hi all,

thanks in advance

Jean

In the meantime make sure you get your Esta as you need this for the US.

My husband and I just got ours. We are U.S. Citizens. We got pre approved within 48 hours but our approval took 6 weeks. We had to go to the airport to homeland security to meet with Officers who took our fingerprints and pictures and we had to sign documents. If you get pre approved you can make an appointment at a U.S. Airport to complete it. It is not a fast process. The office told us they are really backed up but so worth it once you get it.

So on this checklist:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/international-arrangements/registered-traveller/citizens-united-kingdom

You're currently at step 1 yes ?

https://www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa

Says on here it should take up to 10 working days

I know, thats why I am worried....

So on this checklist:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/international-arrangements/registered-traveller/citizens-united-kingdom

You're currently at step 1 yes ?

https://www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa

Says on here it should take up to 10 working days

No, step two, we have the Uk Government approval...we are awaiting the pre-approval fro the US Gov so we can book the interview.

Hi all,

thanks in advance

Jean

Just applied for Global Entry as US citizens for both my daughter and I, go our pre-approval right away, but the earliest we could get interviews was the week of Christmas and we have to travel 4 hours (8 round trip). I did get an email about Enrollment on Arrival. It is available at many US airports, don't know if it is only for US citizen or if you would be eligible as well.