Confirmed NCL Cruise Ships That Have Straws October 2018

seemoreroyals

On 11/4/2018 at 11:19 AM, lizp said:

Anyone off the Pearl and know about the straw situation?

I can't promise anything firsthand but I asked a kind internet stranger about the Pearl last week and they confirmed there are paper straws.  Going to bring my own just in case but it would be nice! 

6 minutes ago, danak13 said:

I can't promise anything firsthand but I asked a kind internet stranger about the Pearl last week and they confirmed there are paper straws.  Going to bring my own just in case but it would be nice! 

That is my plan, too.  I have a pack of paper straws in my Amazon cart!  😄

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Breakaway cruise.  No straws.  Glad we brought our own.  People at bars were asking for straws or spoons to help with their frozen drinks.  When asked they simply said there were no straws on ship.  Strange some NCL ships have them and some don’t.  

Edited by seemoreroyals

On 10/8/2018 at 3:32 PM, newty25 said:

Funny. I was thinking the same thing!

Do people actually use straws at home? I not bagging on straw usage, but we never use them and I just can't imagine people needing to plan for a lack of straws on a cruise because they can't enjoy a vacation without them.

That said, I hope all of those who need straws find the very best "top-notch" straws available on your NCL cruises!

That's just it, we never use straws at home.  However, our local restaurants still give them out.  Did we miss them on our recent Dawn cruise?  Absolutely not.

7 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

That's just it, we never use straws at home.  However, our local restaurants still give them out.  Did we miss them on our recent Dawn cruise?  Absolutely not.

I often use straws at home, whenever I have a drink with ice in it.  Can't STAND having ice against my teeth when I drink.  *shudder* 

I have a set of stainless steel straws I use at home (some are tall glass length, some are shorter for cocktail glasses) and I love them!  I use them all the time.  

I don't understand the "I don't do XYZ thing, so why does anybody else?" attitude on these boards.  I don't use body wash, I prefer bar soap.  Does that mean I'm right and the body wash folks are wrong?  No.  Straws?   Same difference.  You do  you.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 10:16 AM, lizp said:

I don't understand the "I don't do XYZ thing, so why does anybody else?" attitude on these boards.  I don't use body wash, I prefer bar soap.  Does that mean I'm right and the body wash folks are wrong?  No.  Straws?   Same difference.  You do  you.  

Thank you for being a rational human being. 

• Like 3

Just off the Pearl yesterday....  A few bars had straws, but not all.  Great Outdoors bar always had straws, and I was able to get a straw in the mojito bar as well when requested.  Magnums/Shakers/Maltings did not have straws, nor did Spinnaker.  Not sure about most other bars.  I usually just carried a few in my clutch when I knew I'd be drinking something frozen or with ice.