Inside Access Edge Backstage Tour Available on Cruise Planners

vtcruising

I found this on my Cruise Planner today. I wasn't going to pay that price, but like the idea of riding the turntable, traversing the catwalk, meeting some of the cast and the pop-up performance. I may book it for January cruise (not showing up on 3 night preview cruise) and in case I can't tour the theater through other means on my early preview cruises.

image.thumb.png.f21d9eb80245b428b1b045f1fc09c6f9.png

"Aboard Edge, guests will marvel at Celebrity's most technologically advanced main theater, the most production shows of any ship in the brand's history, and the largest cast of world-class performers of any premium cruise ship. On this extraordinary small-group tour, it's all yours to explore. The Theatre does away with the curtain altogether, dissolving the fourth wall. Featuring four stage areas and three gigantic, moving projection screens, The Theatre affords viewers an ever-changing canvas. The main stage extends into the audience, creating a theater in the round. A dual-directional rotating platform ascends almost 7 feet above the stage. With two rotating spiral staircases, 10 synchronized panoramic projection screens (the tallest at sea), 16 advanced video mapping laser projectors, rain curtains, and aerial performance rigging, The Theater provides a sensory thrill a minute. Your stage tour includes rides on the pit and turntable, and a try-out of the catwalk, fly loft, and spiral staircase. Delight in a pop-up performance or mini-show, chat with the talented cast, and peek into the world backstage. This unique tour will deepen your appreciation for the ‘how' behind the dazzle and whet your appetite for a world of spectacular entertainment, Edge style. XZG1"

Hightlights

• Sample Edge's highly evolved technology for yourself as you ride the pit and turntable, then traverse the catwalk and the fly loft.
  • Admire The Theater's dynamic design, one that blurs the line between performer and audience, creating exceptional experiences.
  • Savor a memorable mini-performance or pop-up show, then chat with cast members."
Edited by vtcruising

What was the cost?   

Maybe this would be more fun than the All Access tour we already booked...or we can do that one first and book the Backstage Tour for our Nov 2019 cruise

My posts will be dwindling...until the website improves

7 hours ago, Alaska_addict said:

as a captains club member dont we get a tour anyway?

its listed on the benefits of being a select member (i pasted the quote below) only just got to select so not sure.

"Behind the scenes Theatre Tour with the cast and crew, with complimentary welcome drink"

Yes, I imagine there will be one for CC, but probably not a small, in-depth tour (this one is 2 hrs) and likely doesn't  includes rides on the pit and turntable, and a try-out of the catwalk, fly loft, and spiral staircase and probably doesn't have a pop-up performance or mini-show and a chat with the cast.

I will check it out though and make sure that we are not paying that much for something similar. Thanks!

• Like 1