Wavenet Second log in

2onboardagain

Since the "new & improved" Cruise Critic is still baffling me with reference to searching my apologies if there are threads on this subject already but the "Europe & The Americas" brochure makes reference to an Internet package identified as "Wavenet Second Log In". Has anyone used this or knows what the cost would be?

You are allowed 1 login per Cabin with the "FREE INTERNET" (except Vista and Owners suites which get 2).

This is an up charge for a second account, which allows another user to log in at the same time as the first user.

Presume that this is a full charge @ $27/day unless someone currently on board can ask the Internet Guru.

17 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

You are allowed 1 login per Cabin with the "FREE INTERNET" (except Vista and Owners suites which get 2).

This is an up charge for a second account, which allows another user to log in at the same time as the first user.

Presume that this is a full charge @ $27/day unless someone currently on board can ask the Internet Guru.

Thanks Paul! Not sure I agree with limiting a cabin to "one" login in today's age but I guess Oceania is free to formulate it's own definition of what they mean by "free internet".

11 minutes ago, 2onboardagain said:

Thanks Paul! Not sure I agree with limiting a cabin to "one" login in today's age but I guess Oceania is free to formulate it's own definition of what they mean by "free internet".

You have to view it as you are using a satelite internet feed with a fixed bandwidth.  If O allowed more than one device to be active at a time, you would have people with their iPhone, PC, and iPAD connected plus their spouse..  So one cabin could use 6X bandwidth.  Restricting number of devices keeps it manageable.

2 hours ago, 2onboardagain said:

Oh, I understand Paul but I can’t help wondering how many spats occur in cabins over who is hogging that one login. One login per individual has worked fairly well for us on Regent and other cruise lines.

There's never really an issue. If my wife says give her the internet that's what happens. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 2onboardagain said:

Oh, I understand Paul but I can’t help wondering how many spats occur in cabins over who is hogging that one login. One login per individual has worked fairly well for us on Regent and other cruise lines.

Everyone picks their own battles. Who gets to log in over the other is not one I would pick. Thus, I am happy to spend the $20+/day more for both my wife and I to be able to go online at the same time in the evening when in the cabin. 😉