Marina pre-Drydock October 2019

TommyC

We're currently reserved on the Marina for the 10/6/19 cruise from Monte to Carlo to Athens. Some information that I've seen, as well as the 10-day hole in the Marina's schedule, seem to confirm that she will be going into drydock. Should I expect anything that might suggest that I not take the cruise in 2019? I've seen comments and discussions on other boards about preliminary drydock work during the last cruise as well as certain foods being unavailable, noise, grinding, etc. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 hours ago, TommyC said:

Overnight, I received an email from my TA who advised that Marina has been chartered from 10/6/19. So all is OK. No drydock at that time. Phew! Thanks to all for their responses!

See all is good! I’ve had that experience before.

Now sit back enjoy, and have a smooth sailing on The Marina!

Denise😊

16 hours ago, TommyC said:

Overnight, I received an email from my TA who advised that Marina has been chartered from 10/6/19. So all is OK. No drydock at that time. Phew! Thanks to all for their responses!

Please explain. If Marina is chartered from 10/6/19, will the entire ship be chartered to a private entity? If so, does that mean that those of us who are booked on this cruise are about to have our cruise cancelled?  Thanks.........

23 minutes ago, forshping said:

Please explain. If Marina is chartered from 10/6/19, will the entire ship be chartered to a private entity? If so, does that mean that those of us who are booked on this cruise are about to have our cruise cancelled?  Thanks.........

I believe that TommyC must have misspoken (mistyped?)  He is on the 10/6 cruise but there is a 10 day break in the schedule from 10/18 to 10/28, in which he thought might be for a dry dock.  That time frame is actually a charter.  So your cruise on 10/6, as well as TommyC's is just fine and it will not be the last cruise prior to a dry dock.  Just a normal cruise before a charter cruise.  

• 1 month later...