Cruise Critic Community
TommyC

Marina pre-Drydock October 2019

We're currently reserved on the Marina for the 10/6/19 cruise from Monte to Carlo to Athens. Some information that I've seen, as well as the 10-day hole in the Marina's schedule, seem to confirm that she will be going into drydock. Should I expect anything that might suggest that I not take the cruise in 2019? I've seen comments and discussions on other boards about preliminary drydock work during the last cruise as well as certain foods being unavailable, noise, grinding, etc. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tommyc

I have never had a problem in the past! This is Oceania not Carnival and it is only my opinion. Others might chime in with concerns! You sure it is a dry dock and not a private charter?

Denise😊

I was on Marina before drydock.  Other than being off the ship particularly fast, no other changes.

Overnight, I received an email from my TA who advised that Marina has been chartered from 10/6/19. So all is OK. No drydock at that time. Phew! Thanks to all for their responses!

2 hours ago, TommyC said:

Overnight, I received an email from my TA who advised that Marina has been chartered from 10/6/19. So all is OK. No drydock at that time. Phew! Thanks to all for their responses!

See all is good! I’ve had that experience before.

Now sit back enjoy, and have a smooth sailing on The Marina!

Denise😊

16 hours ago, TommyC said:

Please explain. If Marina is chartered from 10/6/19, will the entire ship be chartered to a private entity? If so, does that mean that those of us who are booked on this cruise are about to have our cruise cancelled?  Thanks.........

23 minutes ago, forshping said:

Please explain. If Marina is chartered from 10/6/19, will the entire ship be chartered to a private entity? If so, does that mean that those of us who are booked on this cruise are about to have our cruise cancelled?  Thanks.........

I believe that TommyC must have misspoken (mistyped?)  He is on the 10/6 cruise but there is a 10 day break in the schedule from 10/18 to 10/28, in which he thought might be for a dry dock.  That time frame is actually a charter.  So your cruise on 10/6, as well as TommyC's is just fine and it will not be the last cruise prior to a dry dock.  Just a normal cruise before a charter cruise.  

Really sorry - the 10/6/2019 cruise from Monte Carlo to Athens is fine. It is the 10/18/2019 cruise from Athens that has been chartered. Sorry for the confusion.....