Free gratuities question

minniem

45 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

love2cruise I was showing mthomp5 where my free gratuities were at as we have been discussing why the gratuities no longer show blacked out and paid in payments/credit section... I was showing where mine now showed under on board reservations as having free grats.

mthomp5, no I am signed up for the 3 for free sale that is how I got the free grats.  it did show up under payments/credits and blacked out and paid and then like the others about 10 days or so ago it showed I could pay them..I went to on board reservations as I was checking to see if they fabulous $99 photo deal was back (nope) and that is when I saw the free grats listed at the bottom.  If yours is not showing anywhere I would still call princess...it is good that you have and will bring your summary but perhaps princess site is having a glitch like the other day my FCD went away...I called and they said hmm oh yeah...others on CC had the same issue and now they are all back on the site...

CRUZRBACHOUA..thanks for reply.  Agree websites can be tricky, though Princess is much better than many other cruise lines.  Not yet use to the "new" cruise critic website. At my age, don't get use to new things very easy.  Oh well, as long as DH and I can continue to cruise at least once a year, God willing, all will be well. 

23 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

How it’s booked isn’t a factor...I always book with a TA and the prepaid tips are always listed in Cruise Personalizer’s Payments & Credits.  It’s also listed on my Princess Booking Confirmation which my TA emails me and in my CP Travel Summary.

As others have posted sometimes displaying prepaid tips in the CP is inconsistent which for me has never been a problem.

Well, actually there must be inconsistencies regarding what shows up because mine does not show on the Payments & Credits screen, but does show on my booking confirmation. It does show my onboard credits in the P&C screen, but nothing regarding the prepaid grats.

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

love2cruise I was showing mthomp5 where my free gratuities were at as we have been discussing why the gratuities no longer show blacked out and paid in payments/credit section... I was showing where mine now showed under on board reservations as having free grats.

mthomp5, no I am signed up for the 3 for free sale that is how I got the free grats.  it did show up under payments/credits and blacked out and paid and then like the others about 10 days or so ago it showed I could pay them..I went to on board reservations as I was checking to see if they fabulous $99 photo deal was back (nope) and that is when I saw the free grats listed at the bottom.  If yours is not showing anywhere I would still call princess...it is good that you have and will bring your summary but perhaps princess site is having a glitch like the other day my FCD went away...I called and they said hmm oh yeah...others on CC had the same issue and now they are all back on the site...

Hmm, I took your advice above and checked under the onboard reservations and it doesn't show there either. Just what I have already added to my booking, like the photo package and the additional OBC we purchased.

Ok. Sorry for all the posts, but incase there is someone like me having a hard time finding this. I clicked on "print travel summary" and it clearly shows on my document that there is prepaid gratuities (complimentary) linked to my booking. 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:45 PM, minniem said:

I booked 2 cruises with the free for 3 promotion but the free gratuities isn't showing anywhere on the personalizer.  It does show up on my confirmation. The personalizer gives me the option to pre pay them but does not show that the gratuities are free with this promotion.  It does show the on board credit from the promotion but not the gratuities.  Is this normal?

I just checked Cruise Personalizer and it now shows “Paid” for our prepaid gratuities. Still something odd though...one of our cruises shows prepaid gratuities paid twice for both DH and I!  

I leave on the Royal 10/26, sent an email to my TA yesterday because the gratuities went from paid to not paid!  She said, a glitch in their system, sent me something from hers, showing they were paid.

Now I just checked this a.m., and shows paid 3 times.  :classic_huh:  They definitely had issues.

Edited by susancruzs