Sandals Day Pass Info

tinkr2

Hi, we just came back from our cruise and thought Id give some feedback on Sandals. The most important thing is to have your day pass and day pass number before you go there. They will not let you in the gate without it. They studied my email carefully. They then sent a different guard to walk us to the desk and make sure we  were ok. It took about 20 minutes for them to get us situated with a pass and then a very clueless guy walked us out. There is free wifi but you must get an individual password.

We chose not to eat when we first arrived which was mistake bc the nicer indoor restaurant has shorter hours. .There was still plenty of casual options. The bar does not open until 1030. Its a great swim up bar in the middle of a spectacular pool. All the chairs are padded and have umbrellas and towels are available. We ate lunch in the outside restaurant which was fine.There is also an amazing gourmet hot dog cart and a pizza place. They give you the whole pie.

We use Sandals bc of the water sports. They had 4 Hobie cats which was nice and a beautiful bay to explore. The paddle boards and kayaks were plentiful.The beach in front of the rental area was kind of crummy but if you go further down, its really nice. Lots of tiki huts and a roped off swimming area. There were also anchored rafts in the ocean. There were also nice rafts for the pool area.

It was a nice relaxing day and we got to sail for a few hours. We have stayed at various sandals and they do a great job. This one was interesting bc it was a mix of ages. It cost about 15 both ways in a taxi. Our driver asked if we'd like to be picked up and he picked us up promptly at 4. It was $105 pp for the day pass.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:55 AM, tinkr2 said:

Hi, we just came back from our cruise and thought Id give some feedback on Sandals. The most important thing is to have your day pass and day pass number before you go there. They will not let you in the gate without it. They studied my email carefully. They then sent a different guard to walk us to the desk and make sure we  were ok. It took about 20 minutes for them to get us situated with a pass and then a very clueless guy walked us out. There is free wifi but you must get an individual password.

We chose not to eat when we first arrived which was mistake bc the nicer indoor restaurant has shorter hours. .There was still plenty of casual options. The bar does not open until 1030. Its a great swim up bar in the middle of a spectacular pool. All the chairs are padded and have umbrellas and towels are available. We ate lunch in the outside restaurant which was fine.There is also an amazing gourmet hot dog cart and a pizza place. They give you the whole pie.

We use Sandals bc of the water sports. They had 4 Hobie cats which was nice and a beautiful bay to explore. The paddle boards and kayaks were plentiful.The beach in front of the rental area was kind of crummy but if you go further down, its really nice. Lots of tiki huts and a roped off swimming area. There were also anchored rafts in the ocean. There were also nice rafts for the pool area.

It was a nice relaxing day and we got to sail for a few hours. We have stayed at various sandals and they do a great job. This one was interesting bc it was a mix of ages. It cost about 15 both ways in a taxi. Our driver asked if we'd like to be picked up and he picked us up promptly at 4. It was $105 pp for the day pass.

Did you email them or call to make the reservations?

If you have any information, could you please post it.

Thanks so much.

Don

It sounds wonderful. As Don above me asked, do you happen to have the info so that we may contact them to make arrangements for when we are there. Id really appreciate it.  It would be lovely to have that all arranged in advance.  Im looking to go to the one in St. Lucia (Le Toc) because it has a 9 hole golf course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 1:02 PM, tinkr2 said:

I went on their site and emailed as many as I could find. I got a response from one. for whatever reason , I can not seem to find the response email.

I emailed them about a month ago asking about the day pass but they told me to email again about 2 weeks before our cruise so I did twice to the same email address that replied to me earlier but I haven't gotten any responses.

I am persistent but at some point I have to make a plan B.:classic_sad:

Bill

On 11/27/2018 at 12:45 AM, S.S.Oceanlover said:

I emailed them about a month ago asking about the day pass but they told me to email again about 2 weeks before our cruise so I did twice to the same email address that replied to me earlier but I haven't gotten any responses.

I am persistent but at some point I have to make a plan B.:classic_sad:

Bill

I just did an online chat with someone concerning the day pass for Sandals Grande Antigua and she informed me to call the day before to book the day pass.  Since we are cruising this can be difficult.  I will try emailing the resort now and see what kind of response I get, if any!

Reba

1 hour ago, reba said:

I just did an online chat with someone concerning the day pass for Sandals Grande Antigua and she informed me to call the day before to book the day pass.  Since we are cruising this can be difficult.  I will try emailing the resort now and see what kind of response I get, if any!

Reba

I got my pass booked by using this email:

jcarryl@grp.sandals.com

Good luck

Bill

Just now, S.S.Oceanlover said:

I got my pass booked by using this email:

jcarryl@grp.sandals.com

Good luck

Bill

Thanks for the information.  I will send an e-mail off right away.  I also sent an email to:  www. sandals.com/grande-antigua  -  just an address I picked up off their website.  Hopefully someone will respond.

Reba

6 hours ago, reba said:

Thanks for the information.  I will send an e-mail off right away.  I also sent an email to:  www. sandals.com/grande-antigua  -  just an address I picked up off their website.  Hopefully someone will respond.

Reba

I had to email 3 times before I got a response but maybe she was off when I emailed or on vacation.

Hopefully she will get right back to you. Unless your cruise is within a couple of weeks they won't give you a definitive answer.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, S.S.Oceanlover said:

You are very welcome.

We just got back last Saturday and we were on the Jewel of the Seas.

Had a great day at Sandals.🍺

Bill

Bill....

Glad you had a great time at Sandals…….every year on our cruise we go to the Sandals at St. Lucia.

If we can get in, we hope to go to the Sandals at Barbados and Antiqua.

We are cruising this year on NCL's Escape in January....14 day cruise out of NYC.  This will be our first time on the Escape.

Don:classic_rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, dongordon said:

Bill....

Glad you had a great time at Sandals…….every year on our cruise we go to the Sandals at St. Lucia.

If we can get in, we hope to go to the Sandals at Barbados and Antiqua.

We are cruising this year on NCL's Escape in January....14 day cruise out of NYC.  This will be our first time on the Escape.

Don,

Hope you get in and hope you have a great time on the Escape. Getting away for 14 days in the winter would be awesome.

Bill

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:09 AM, S.S.Oceanlover said:

I had to email 3 times before I got a response but maybe she was off when I emailed or on vacation.

Hopefully she will get right back to you. Unless your cruise is within a couple of weeks they won't give you a definitive answer.

Bill

Thanks Bill...

We have gone on the 14 day cruises out of NYC for the last 3 years....believe it or not, we start hitting the warmer weather the 2nd day at sea and sometimes the afternoon of the first day at sea.

We live in Long Island, so we are less than an hour from the pier....it really beats flying!

NCL is our favorite cruise line.

I had emailed yesterday inquiring about obtaining a day pass while I’m on my NCL Gem  cruise in February 2019 and was told that they are not booking any day passes at all by the person Bill  suggested to go through I wonder what has changed or why she said now ??  I will keep trying through other avenues and hopefully be lucky  

On 10/17/2018 at 12:55 AM, tinkr2 said:

We usually take a cab to Sneaky Pete’s beach bar right next to Sandals. Rent chairs and umbrella. Walking beach. Lovely water and waves.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:22 PM, Moonglo said:

I had emailed yesterday inquiring about obtaining a day pass while I’m on my NCL Gem  cruise in February 2019 and was told that they are not booking any day passes at all by the person Bill  suggested to go through I wonder what has changed or why she said now ??  I will keep trying through other avenues and hopefully be lucky  

I finally got a response and they told me the same thing-no day passes given out!!

I guess we will also be taking a cab to Sneaky Pete's beach, which is a questionable destination.  Last time we were there he was closed up and no one knew whether he was going to reopen or not.  Captain Tony's is next door and they also have chairs - so we will be somewhere on the beach.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:54 AM, reba said:

I finally got a response and they told me the same thing-no day passes given out!!

I guess we will also be taking a cab to Sneaky Pete's beach, which is a questionable destination.  Last time we were there he was closed up and no one knew whether he was going to reopen or not.  Captain Tony's is next door and they also have chairs - so we will be somewhere on the beach.

I did a chat on the Sandals website and they directed me to their FAQ link (www.sandals.com/faqs) which had a Day Passes category.  It indicated that the cost for a Day Pass in Antiqua was $105,

They (the chat person) also provided the following email address:

satmail@grp.sandals.com

I sent an email...no response yet.

I will send out another in several days.

Don 

Hi

I just rang Sandals Antigua and was told that they do not do Day Passes, which was really disappointing. 

I then rang Sandals Barbados and was told they are able to do Day Passes at a cost of $130 each, but I needed to ring back a few days before we sail to confirm the cost and availability.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!

Happy New Year!

6 hours ago, dongordon said:

I did a chat on the Sandals website and they directed me to their FAQ link (www.sandals.com/faqs) which had a Day Passes category.  It indicated that the cost for a Day Pass in Antiqua was $105,

They (the chat person) also provided the following email address:

satmail@grp.sandals.com

I sent an email...no response yet.

I will send out another in several days.

Don 

Someone else we spoke with told us to call the day before if any day passes are available.  Not sure if anyone at Sandals Antigua knows what is going on!

2 hours ago, reba said:

Someone else we spoke with told us to call the day before if any day passes are available.  Not sure if anyone at Sandals Antigua knows what is going on!

If I do not get a response within a week of my cruise departure, I will book the "Resorts for a Day" all inclusive.  I'm not taking any chances.

It looked pretty nice as well.

9 hours ago, reba said:

They seemed pretty well inference I was there. They do very few day passes. Some travel agencies have access. They only do them when their guest numbers are low. That’s why they want you to wait till so close. It’s a gamble. We just like to sail. And get drinks . If it’s a nice beach you’re looking for... there’s plenty of other places available that are less of a hassle. 

8 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

They seemed pretty well inference I was there. They do very few day passes. Some travel agencies have access. They only do them when their guest numbers are low. That’s why they want you to wait till so close. It’s a gamble. We just like to sail. And get drinks . If it’s a nice beach you’re looking for... there’s plenty of other places available that are less of a hassle. 

I think you are correct...

I'm not sure if the other two Sandals in Barbados and St. Lucia are the same.  I have never had a problem with the St. Lucia (La Toc) and went there 4 times while on a cruise.  They have another Sandals on that island that is more popular.  La Toc is smaller, but only 20 minutes from the pier.

Their beach is not the greatest, but I spend most of my time there in the pool and walk up bar.

I'm now leaning towards booking the Jolly Beach resort with "Resort for a Day." We are cruising in 20 days and if I don't get an answer in a week, I'm booking that...$85 / person.  It has a nicer beach and not quite as upscale food-wise, but it still fits the bill!:classic_wink:

Don