Riverside Hotel or Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale???

kyjoe

I've stayed at Crowne Plaza before and will be back there in February. Very close location to cruise port. Free shuttle from airport to hotel. To get to the port either use hotel shuttle at a cost or Uber. Nice hotel rooms. If you don't want to eat at the hotel, closest other restaurants, drug stores etc. are about a three block walk but area seems safe.

If you have time to do any sightseeing (via the water taxi at www.watertaxi.com and/or the sun trolley at www.suntrolly.com) or if being in downtown (Las Olas Blvd) Fort Lauderdale is important, pick the Riverside.  The location is wonderful.

Edited by capriccio

We enjoyed the Riverside last spring. Right in the middle of things. Did the water taxi in the evening when the rates are a bit lower and road it to dinner, hoped back on and saw all the big homes and yachts all lit up. Ate dinner the second night right on Las Olas and watched the fancy cars. Quaint and old school, but we loved it.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:45 AM, kyjoe said:

I've booked both hotels for pre-cruise. Which should I keep???

We have never stayed in the other hotel, but we have stayed in the Riverside several times and absolutely love it!   it is actually the only place we will stay when we sail or travel to FLL.      The service is impeccable, the location is wonderful and the rooms are perfect.    You can walk to several restaurants and shops.  Just perfect.

The Riverside Hotel is lovely and close to many fantastic restaurants and the water taxi. Las Olas Blvd is full of upscale shops and quite safe and lots of people walking around. The Crown Plaza is on State Rd 84 and Route 1 and is not an area of town  I would be interested to stay at if I had the choice