My TA on Getaway not showing on site

SAS21

So my family has a transatlantic booked for Oct. 2019. I went online to see if any excursions were available yet and my cruise is not on the website. I checked Expedia site and it's not there either.

I checked it a few days ago and it was there.

What are the possibilities that it's been canceled?   

Unless they are keeping Getaway in Europe for the winter there is no way that the TA is canceled, though it might be moved a week or two one way or the other. Alternatively some group may be doing a full ship charter for the TA.

21 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Unless they are keeping Getaway in Europe for the winter there is no way that the TA is canceled, though it might be moved a week or two one way or the other. Alternatively some group may be doing a full ship charter for the TA.

Yep, the thought of a charter crossed my mind too. I checked the cruises both prior and after and they are both still available. I can't find a charter online either.

It's still listed in my account on NCL.

Edited by SAS21

2 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

So the OP logged into "my NCL" to check the availability of excursions and the booked voyage was not in his or her account?

It's in my account along with excursions and other items to purchase, but I was also doing a mock booking to check for a price drop and it's not listed at all. It's like it doesn't exist on their site. I called NCL this morning they told me that it's nearly sold out, only a few family oceanview and Haven cabins left. Anyone wanting to book now has to call.  I asked if it's normal to remove a cruise from the website when it sells out and was told yes.

I don't want to think this way but I think it's been chartered. The rep said no when I asked.  

Edited by SAS21

When I was searching for my last cruise I called NCL to ask about a cruise.  As we were talking the rep told me that not all cruises show online.  There were cruises she told me about that did not show up in the search.  I can't imagine why they would do that.  

I think it’s becoming more common for some cruises to sell out far in advance.  If I remember correctly your  getaway ta had some pretty good pricing a while back.  I was tempted to book at one point. It’s a great ta itinerary with more ports than usually offered on a ta. 

Could be a few groups booked on the sailing too.  My Jade Iceland, Norway, U.K. two week sailing last year sold out a year in advance (a late September sailing).  I was worried it was going to be canceled but it wasn’t.  It was a partial charter.  

Id expect your sailing to pop up here and there as cancellations occur but I wouldn’t expect any further reductions in price when it does. When our jade sailing had rooms back up for sale, after final payment, they were offered at considerably higher fares and less perks. 

4 minutes ago, littlelulu01 said:

I think it’s becoming more common for some cruises to sell out far in advance.  If I remember correctly your  getaway ta had some pretty good pricing a while back.  I was tempted to book at one point. It’s a great ta itinerary with more ports than usually offered on a ta. 

Could be a few groups booked on the sailing too.  My Jade Iceland, Norway, U.K. two week sailing last year sold out a year in advance (a late September sailing).  I was worried it was going to be canceled but it wasn’t.  It was a partial charter.  

Id expect your sailing to pop up here and there as cancellations occur but I wouldn’t expect any further reductions in price when it does. When our jade sailing had rooms back up for sale, after final payment, they were offered at considerably higher fares and less perks. 

4 minutes ago, littlelulu01 said:

Thanks for the information. Did your cruise disappear from the booking/planning page?  

Yes our sailing completely disappeared from the website.  What was scary was that they had 15 rooms in each category (indicating more inventory) and then overnight it sold out- pretty classic patterns for a charter.  It came back available a couple times but only for a day or so here and there.  After final payment the sailing showed up again.  most categories were offered up at much higher price and as a sail away rate. The leftover suites were almost double their original price.