Nieuw Amsterdam Outside Cabins

Tiggipaws

Hi

I'm looking at a cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam sailing 14th December 2019. I sailed on the Eurodam last year and loved her, I had a balcony but hardly used it so this time  I am looking at an outside cabin. I did consider a inside but not sure if I would like one of these. Could I have opinions on the following cabins

6003 and 6004 (problem with movement)

1102,1112,1118,1120 (don't seem to be under anything)

Regards

Tiggipaws

I was in cabin 1085 I think (it's been a couple of years)  and loved it.   I too have issues with movement and I barely felt anything.  Do you have any specific questions?  I travel solo and won't pay for a balcony - at least with OV I get a discount, so I can't compare for you. 

Hi Tiggipaws,

I can't comment on those specific cabins other than to say they are a long way to the food.

I agree with you on not using the balcony so we have switched to the obstructed view cabins on deck 4.  All we want to see is if it's light or dark and rain or shine.

We are also booked for 12/14/19 on the NA.  We have done this itinerary 10 times on the Eurodam and NA.  

Someone started a Roll Call for this cruise and jumped ship a week after.  Hope to meet you over there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tiggipaws said:

Thank you for the reply. I'm even thinking of maybe one of the inside J or K inside cabins on the main deck, they look really big

They are. They are huge!
I have enough room to store a full-size scooter in them. Can't do that even in a Neptune Suite! Plenty of floor space. Much more room than the outsides on the same deck. Plus, the bathroom vanity and shelf are larger, since it's in the same place as the tubs in the outside cabins.

• Like 1

We would always book one of the K or J cabins on main deck.  We loved them because they are so HUGE.  If you can snag one near an elevator, that's even better.  Once HA began renting cabanas, we got one and called it our "balcony."  To us, it was better than a balcony because these spaces come with two servers who brought us almost everything we desired, even lunch and snacks.  We considered the inside cabin and the cabana the best of both worlds.  If you're on a cruise in areas where it typically rains a lot or has high winds, you might not want to rent a cabana, since the ship closes this area for inclement weather.  HA does not refund for any unused time due to bad weather/wind.  Just so you know.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Tiggypaws,

I have sailed this vessel on a Balcony, my friend had a Ocean view ( Window) , and the room inside is the same amount of Square Footage and just as beautiful, minus the balcony only. Perks like the fruit in the room everyday is the same. Hope this helps

We take our family on Eurodam or NA every year for Thanksgiving so will be on again soon. We have sailed hundreds of days on HAL ships and always stay low,  midship and outside and love it.  My husband is not a great sailor and I don't like the darkness of inside cabins, so they work out well for us.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have had a cabin in the same location as NA's 6003 and 6004 on Westerdam.  I liked it so much the first time, I booked it for my second cruise on Westerdam.  I had no problems with movement.  If you would like to see my photos of the cabin, they are here.  

• Like 1