Are Shore Excursions or Specialty Dining Refundable?

Chef Heather

If we had to cancel a cruise scheduled in 2019 that we have a fully refundable deposit on, but already paid for a couple of excursions or specialty dining package, would that be fully refundable as well?  Or would that just be a credit with Celebrity?

Thanks,

Heather

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Shore excursions and specialty dining are refundable if you cancel the cruise or just cancel the excursion or dining.  If you are on the cruise the excursion has to be cancelled at least 24 hours before the start.

If you purchased your excursion or dining with Celebrity's $150 pp OBC perk, then there will be no refund of the OBC when you cancel.

However if you purchased it with the bonus OBC from an on-board booking and you are before the final payment date, then instead of cancelling the cruise, you should transfer your reservation to a different future cruise and retain the bonus OBC for use on the new future cruise.

15 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

If you purchased your excursion or dining with Celebrity's $150 pp OBC perk, then there will be no refund of the OBC when you cancel.

Where did you see this policy?  This is not my experience.  We made (and paid for) a specialty dining reservation prior to sailing with our OBC.  Once on the ship we cancelled the reservation and were able to get a full refund.

I would never book with OBC in advance if this were the policy. 

2 minutes ago, mandream said:

Where did you see this policy?  This is not my experience.  We made (and paid for) a specialty dining reservation prior to sailing with our OBC.  Once on the ship we cancelled the reservation and were able to get a full refund.

I would never book with OBC in advance if this were the policy. 

The OP's question was regarding what happens if you cancel the cruise - not about just cancelling the excursion or dining

Thank you everyone......so let me see if I have this correct:

Canceling the cruise ahead of time and paid for excursions/dining with credit card, full refund

Canceling the cruise ahead of time and paid with OBC (from the perk) it's lost

What about if going on the cruise, but need to make changes / or cancel excursion/dining with either OBC perk or credit card?

Sorry for redundancy, just want to make sure I understand.

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Chef Heather said:

Thank you everyone......so let me see if I have this correct:

Canceling the cruise ahead of time and paid for excursions/dining with credit card, full refund

Canceling the cruise ahead of time and paid with OBC (from the perk) it's lost

What about if going on the cruise, but need to make changes / or cancel excursion/dining with either OBC perk or credit card?

Sorry for redundancy, just want to make sure I understand.

Thanks!

Canceling ahead of time and extras paid with credit card, yes full refund.

Canceling ahead of time and extras paid with OBC, yes and no.  If you want to reschedule the cruise to a future date or a different ship, don't cancel it, move it keeping the same booking number.  This way, depending on the perks you might not lose the OBC.  If I were doing this, I would first cancel the extras, get the OBC added back to the booking, then move the booking.

Going on the cruise and cancelling extras on board will result in the return of the OBC.  If paid for by credit card Celebrity usually issues an OBC on board which will be a Refundable OBC.  They will use the non refundable OBC first for any charges then start using the Refundable.  Any Refundable OBC left will go back onto your credit card.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU