Bus from Maho Beach to Marigot?

Brandis

Had this originally posted in the St. Maarten Ports of Call section of the forum, but since I go no reply there, I thought maybe someone over here might know:

We usually take the public bus (small Toyota vans) from Philipsburg to Maho Beach.

This time, we would like to go to Marigot later in the day. Are there buses to Marigot passing Maho Beach or would I have to backtrack a bit in a bus to Philipsburg and change busses somewhere?

A Google search led me to this page:

http://www.sintmaartengov.org/government/TEATT/Economic-Inspection-Department/Pages/Public-Bus-Tariff.aspx

It lists the bus routes/fares.... Based on the info there as well looking at the map it looks like you will need to transfer at Cole Bay. When leaving Maho just ask the driver where in Cole Bay to get off for the Marigot bus.   

Good luck; please come back and let us know how it went!

Aloha,

John

• 8 months later...

Just be mindful of those buses......

https://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-ship-passengers-injured-after-vehicle-ends-up-in-sea/32594

While the Royal Caribbean cruise ship was docked at Philipsburg, St. Maarten yesterday there was a vehicle accident which according to Cruceros Puerto Rico involved cruise visitors from Freedom of the Seas.

According to a video posted on social media by local authorities, a minivan can be seen half into the water in Marigot Bay which is located on the French side of the island known as St. Martin.

According to the local Police, the minivan ended up in the water while doing a maneuver at the seafront and several people were clearly injured. There were no reports of any deaths.