FLL Park and Go and hotels

mmscruise

It's been several years since we've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale.  We've used Park and Go but realize that they've really increased prices.  Does anyone know if they still offer coupons or discounts?  Also, for anyone sailing out of there recently, we also used to find hotels that offered free parking/cruise packages but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  Can anyone tell me their favorite or "to go" place to park your car/stay the night before your cruise?

On 10/20/2018 at 5:26 PM, mmscruise said:

It's been several years since we've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale.  We've used Park and Go but realize that they've really increased prices.  Does anyone know if they still offer coupons or discounts?  Also, for anyone sailing out of there recently, we also used to find hotels that offered free parking/cruise packages but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  Can anyone tell me their favorite or "to go" place to park your car/stay the night before your cruise?

We use Park n Go all the time on Eller Drive at Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades.  I've never paid more than $8 per night.  I believe I pre-paid last time to get this rate.  I've used the Hyatt Place on 10th (off 17th) which offered a parking package.  Just had to pay $7 for the return shuttle to hotel per person.  I know there are other hotels, but I like the convenience of 17th to the port and restaurants, etc.

• Like 1

Fairfield Inn and Suites on Griffin Road in Dania Beach has a package that includes parking for up to 30 days and transfers to/from port.  I used them a few times...once for a b2b cruise I parked there for 16 days.  I never had a problem there and would use again.   

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:52 AM, breezer said:

Fairfield Inn and Suites on Griffin Road in Dania Beach has a package that includes parking for up to 30 days and transfers to/from port.  I used them a few times...once for a b2b cruise I parked there for 16 days.  I never had a problem there and would use again.   

Hi breezer,

Thanks for this info on Fairfield Inn and Suites.  I was wondering when was the last time you used this stay and park at the Fairfield?

15 hours ago, queenkathryn said:

Hi breezer,

Thanks for this info on Fairfield Inn and Suites.  I was wondering when was the last time you used this stay and park at the Fairfield?

Hi queenathryn, The last time I used them was Oct 2016 and will be there again in about 5 weeks.  They were going through a renovation at the time.  The parking lot is always full of cruisers cars (they give you a flyer to put on your dashboard so you don't get towed).  I'm surprised I don't see this place on the cruise critic boards....except for my postings.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, Nanatravel said:

We use Park n Go all the time on Eller Drive at Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades.  I've never paid more than $8 per night.  I believe I pre-paid last time to get this rate.  I've used the Hyatt Place on 10th (off 17th) which offered a parking package.  Just had to pay $7 for the return shuttle to hotel per person.  I know there are other hotels, but I like the convenience of 17th to the port and restaurants, etc.

Is Park n Go cheaper than leaving your car at the Hyatt?  We have stayed at the Hyatt, but never with a car.  I know they charge for parking and don't remember if they let you leave your car while on a cruise.

1 hour ago, Tom47 said:

Is Park n Go cheaper than leaving your car at the Hyatt?  We have stayed at the Hyatt, but never with a car.  I know they charge for parking and don't remember if they let you leave your car while on a cruise.

Honestly, you would have to call the Hyatt Place at 10th directly to get the Stay & Park rate.  I'm sure it is more than just your cheapest overnight rate; make sure to find out how many nights of parking it would include.  Then calculate the cheapest hotel rate you are satisfied with and add the Park n Go rate to compare.  Also, you can't put a price on Safety.  Park n Go is a secured fenced in lot open/staffed 24 hours.  At Hyatt you are just in a parking spot which is not secured.  Your choice.

42 minutes ago, Nanatravel said:

Honestly, you would have to call the Hyatt Place at 10th directly to get the Stay & Park rate.  I'm sure it is more than just your cheapest overnight rate; make sure to find out how many nights of parking it would include.  Then calculate the cheapest hotel rate you are satisfied with and add the Park n Go rate to compare.  Also, you can't put a price on Safety.  Park n Go is a secured fenced in lot open/staffed 24 hours.  At Hyatt you are just in a parking spot which is not secured.  Your choice.

Thanks.  We will probably stay there before 50th anniversary cruise in 2020.  DD and family may drive.