Sunshine out of dry dock?

crazycruzer68

I heard on a FB site that carpets, paint, plumbing, WiFi upgrade, new mattresses, (no Seafood shack) but no one seems to know about fridges in cabins that didn’t have them before. Bumping this thread up to see if anyone aboard knows if lower deck cabins got them....

48 minutes ago, zwallace said:

We're sailing on her January 12, 2019 and really hoping they put fridges in all of the cabins that didn't have them before.  Anyone who finds out please give us an update.

We are also on the same sailing.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, crazycruzer68 said:

I haven’t seen or heard anything about the Sunshine, does anyone know if it made it out of dry dock on time?

I have a friend who just got off Sunshine. Said they had a lot of problems- 2 floors flooded and navigation went out causing them to lose one port and stay in San Juan.  Said they did not feel safe in San Juan

We just got off Sunshine this morning. We didn't hear of any floors being flooded but there was a problem with the electrical system from what their messages said. The power went out for a few seconds and they made an announcement about an electrical problem later as the reason for staying late in Puerto Rico.  

The ship seemed pretty stable in the waves, so I assume the stabilizer problem was taken care of during dry dock. We didn't have a mini fridge in our state room, not sure if any other rooms did.

I loved the staff, but didn't really like the ship. We will sail again with Carnival, just not this ship.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Cwwayne!  we are long time princess cruisers, and taking the sunshine on the 10th of November as our 2nd carnival cruise.  Curious where your room was located?  And do you have a simple list of things you didn't like about the ship?  is it in comparison with other ships you have been on?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, cwwayne said:

We just got off Sunshine this morning. We didn't hear of any floors being flooded but there was a problem with the electrical system from what their messages said. The power went out for a few seconds and they made an announcement about an electrical problem later as the reason for staying late in Puerto Rico.  

The ship seemed pretty stable in the waves, so I assume the stabilizer problem was taken care of during dry dock. We didn't have a mini fridge in our state room, not sure if any other rooms did.

I loved the staff, but didn't really like the ship. We will sail again with Carnival, just not this ship.

Was that the only problem you had? I have read on another site the ship just lifted and it’s a mess now. 

We were on deck 2 oceanview. The cabin was the same as any other ship we have been on other than the shower, it was larger than the shower on most ships that we have been on. I  like the other ships that have the sitting areas around the atrium. The main theatre is smaller on this ship. For the number of passengers, they should have left the extra space in there.  I also don't like the layout for the lounge where the comedy shows are. Quite a bit of the seating is in areas that cant see the stage. They have monitors on the sides for those people to see the comedian. I did like the new design for the Lido deck buffet areas.  The back section is really nice.

The ship is nice and most people that we talked to, didn't have the same complaints that I did. I love the staff and the cruise director Mikey is great.

I think anyone that sails on Sunshine will have fun, I just like the other ships that we have sailed on more. The ships that we have sailed on are,

Fascination 2 times

Dream 2 times

Liberty 1 time

Magic 2 times

and Sunshine 1time.

I think we will try one of the new ships on our cruise next year.

27 minutes ago, cwwayne said:

We were on deck 2 oceanview. The cabin was the same as any other ship we have been on other than the shower, it was larger than the shower on most ships that we have been on. I  like the other ships that have the sitting areas around the atrium. The main theatre is smaller on this ship. For the number of passengers, they should have left the extra space in there.  I also don't like the layout for the lounge where the comedy shows are. Quite a bit of the seating is in areas that cant see the stage. They have monitors on the sides for those people to see the comedian. I did like the new design for the Lido deck buffet areas.  The back section is really nice.

The ship is nice and most people that we talked to, didn't have the same complaints that I did. I love the staff and the cruise director Mikey is great.

I think anyone that sails on Sunshine will have fun, I just like the other ships that we have sailed on more. The ships that we have sailed on are,

Fascination 2 times

Dream 2 times

Liberty 1 time

Magic 2 times

and Sunshine 1time.

I think we will try one of the new ships on our cruise next year.

If you didn’t like the theater/lounges on Sunshine, odds are good you won’t like them on Vista class ships. I don’t understand the logic behind making a bigger ship that holds more passengers, while significantly decreasing the size of the theater/lounges.