Carambola Beach Club - St. Kitts

nikkkip

HI everyone, I am travelling with a larger group of 8 and we were looking at the excursion with Carnival for the Carambola Beach Club but there are no reviews. Just wondering if anyone as done this particular excursion. The description is mainly about St. Kitt's and the view, not much information on the excursion itself of whats included/not etc.  I have seen some great reviews of the Beach Club itself, but any information would be greatly appreciated! We are just thinking it would be easier to do an excursion with the cruise line since we are a larger group. 

Any tips????? or info????? 

Thanks everyone & happy cruising! 

If you must go with T'erds of Carambola, then forget the tour and book your beds and sunshades direct with Carambola, in advance, for the front rank by the sea, with all 8 being reserved in a row together.  (A tip to the bed man doing the set ups with be appreciated).  

Otherwise, you'll be scratching around to find a single bed, let alone 8 together, as the ship will just take you there, at the end of your tour, drop you off leaving all to fend for themselves, (Seen it happen do many times).  The ship's tour T&C will confirm this.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 11:06 AM, nikkkip said:

HI everyone, I am travelling with a larger group of 8 and we were looking at the excursion with Carnival for the Carambola Beach Club but there are no reviews. Just wondering if anyone as done this particular excursion. The description is mainly about St. Kitt's and the view, not much information on the excursion itself of whats included/not etc.  I have seen some great reviews of the Beach Club itself, but any information would be greatly appreciated! We are just thinking it would be easier to do an excursion with the cruise line since we are a larger group. 

Any tips????? or info????? 

Thanks everyone & happy cruising! 

Try Reggae Beach Bar and Liz Pereira Tours.  She is awesome to work with and her specialty is groups. We've used her twice.

• Like 1

COntact them direct. Ask for a lounge and umbrella at 10$ pp, total $30 per couple as it was last time. But if you just want to toss your towel on the sand and still use their club, you can do so for free. The taxi fare is $7 or $8 pp each way. Someone who has been there more recent may know.  I do know that they have construction going on down the beach and may impact on the serenity of the beach club.

Warning to Towles

About Time

To put an end to Towles infesting Carambola, they now charge a beach only fee (coloured wristbands issued) on entry, for those not booking and paying for beds.  

Bed payers (inclusive of beach and all facilities) will also receive a wristband. Colours changed daily.

Towles et al trying to sneak in without wristbands will be denied use of the beach and facilities, and requested to pay.  Towles not wishing to pay will be invited to leave.

Any abuse of Carambola staff, over payment, will result in the Police being called with an insistence of a Police arrest and detention.  Possible release after ship sailing.

Security people will constantly patrol the boundaries and beach (for no wristbands).

The Towles demented parrot mantra of "Beaches Are Free"  will not work at Carambola, as the Beach at Carambola is privately owned, built and maintained. 

Just an FYI I was there on Wednesday on the Harmony I was NOT charged a fee they gave me 3 wrist bands when I went up to the bar so that my family and I could use the bathroom. The beach is absolutely stunning nice sand superb blue green clear waters and a beautiful view. Another family was with our group of (towles) lol was also there and not charged so I guess its hit or miss. On a side note I would agree just go there on your own and call ahead for seats. Just my experience so take it for what its worth. (my band was neon green)

20181024_134523.jpg

Edited by sds
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Warning to Towles

About Time

To put an end to Towles infesting Carambola, they now charge a beach only fee (coloured wristbands issued) on entry, for those not booking and paying for beds.  

Bed payers (inclusive of beach and all facilities) will also receive a wristband. Colours changed daily.

Towles et al trying to sneak in without wristbands will be denied use of the beach and facilities, and requested to pay.  Towles not wishing to pay will be invited to leave.

Any abuse of Carambola staff, over payment, will result in the Police being called with an insistence of a Police arrest and detention.  Possible release after ship sailing.

Security people will constantly patrol the boundaries and beach (for no wristbands).

The Towles demented parrot mantra of "Beaches Are Free"  will not work at Carambola, as the Beach at Carambola is privately owned, built and maintained. 

Edited by nikkkip

8 hours ago, sds said:

Just an FYI I was there on Wednesday on the Harmony I was NOT charged a fee they gave me 3 wrist bands when I went up to the bar so that my family and I could use the bathroom. The beach is absolutely stunning nice sand superb blue green clear waters and a beautiful view. Another family was with our group of (towles) lol was also there and not charged so I guess its hit or miss. On a side note I would agree just go there on your own and call ahead for seats. Just my experience so take it for what its worth. (my band was neon green)

20181024_134523.jpg

8 hours ago, sds said:

20181024_134523.jpg

thank you sds!  This is beautiful. Thanks for the suggestion, we are certainly not towles! 😄 We don't mind paying, Just wanted to make sure going there was worth a trip. 🙂 Happy Cruising! 

20 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

COntact them direct. Ask for a lounge and umbrella at 10$ pp, total $30 per couple as it was last time. But if you just want to toss your towel on the sand and still use their club, you can do so for free. The taxi fare is $7 or $8 pp each way. Someone who has been there more recent may know.  I do know that they have construction going on down the beach and may impact on the serenity of the beach club.

20 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

thank you! appreciate your response

• 4 weeks later...

A person that does not want to pay for something like a beach chair/lounger/umbrella according to Port Royal a frequent poster on this site. I could be wrong of my interpretation of his posts but I have seen them.   

On 11/24/2018 at 3:01 AM, paul58 said:

A person that does not want to pay for something like a beach chair/lounger/umbrella according to Port Royal a frequent poster on this site. I could be wrong of my interpretation of his posts but I have seen them.   

To assist

TOWLES:
Arrive by the cheapest means; take the most annoying spot on the beach to spoil a view of paying clients; spread the ship's Towles; constantly repeat the mantra "beaches are free" like a demented parrot; do not spend anything at the resort; bring food and drink browsed from the ship's buffet, all wrapped in a ship's napkin; bury their picnic debris in the sand; use the sea, beach and all the venue's facilities for free; return to the ship by the cheapest means. 
Then when back in the Ship boast they spent the day at Carambola (et al) taking lunch and drinks there.

• Like 1

I have seen people arrive at the beach with liquor, beer, soda and food that they purchased from one of the local grocery stores such as Best Buy, Rams or IGA. They may have bought their own cups but then have the gall ask the bartender for some ice! Over the years I have gotten to know some of the local shop owners and they tell how people come off the ship and only go to the duty free shops for liquor and  cigarettes then go back to the ship without spending much more. 

On 11/27/2018 at 9:01 PM, paul58 said:

I have seen people arrive at the beach with liquor, beer, soda and food that they purchased from one of the local grocery stores such as Best Buy, Rams or IGA. They may have bought their own cups but then have the gall ask the bartender for some ice! Over the years I have gotten to know some of the local shop owners and they tell how people come off the ship and only go to the duty free shops for liquor and  cigarettes then go back to the ship without spending much more. 

HERDS:
Arrive loudly en masse; stay loudly; have shouting conversations on their mobiles, or to other herd members, albeit 2 feet or 20 yards way; bring coolers full of Supermarket bought beer and food, then demand ice for free; bring boom boxes and play on highest volume; sometimes pay for beds but can insist a colony of friends is created; complain about the price of venue's food as the reason for buying a single slice of pizza.  
Seek to use Hotel or Beach facilities for free, failing that, turn the sea into a Urinal (aka going for a swim)
Abuse or ridicule other guests, members of the venue's staff, solely for the group's amusement.
Basically, to knowingly do everything possible to spoil the ambience of the venue, and to annoy as many people as it is physically possible. 
Then leave loudly en masse.

Other items of annoyance can be added to each of the above definitions as required.

Port Royal,

In the late November 2017 monthly press conference Prime Minister Dr. Timothy Harris said that all beaches belong to the Government and that the public has the right to access any and every beach in the federation of St. Kitts & Nevis and that there has to be at least one public landward access to every beach as per the National Conservation and Protection Act  - Caribbean News Now!, December 2, 2017 edition refers (a situation which is quite common in most of the other caribbean islands).

So I can go and sit on the beach on my towel, swim in the sea, drink my duty free drink, eat my local food, etc., and generally conduct myself in an appropriate manner befitting a guest in their country, but I cannot use any of the facilities provided by the hotel or resort without paying for them. 

NAGooner

On 11/29/2018 at 3:59 AM, NAGooner said:

Port Royal,

In the late November 2017 monthly press conference Prime Minister Dr. Timothy Harris said that all beaches belong to the Government and that the public has the right to access any and every beach in the federation of St. Kitts & Nevis and that there has to be at least one public landward access to every beach as per the National Conservation and Protection Act  - Caribbean News Now!, December 2, 2017 edition refers (a situation which is quite common in most of the other caribbean islands).

So I can go and sit on the beach on my towel, swim in the sea, drink my duty free drink, eat my local food, etc., and generally conduct myself in an appropriate manner befitting a guest in their country, but I cannot use any of the facilities provided by the hotel or resort without paying for them. 

NAGooner

Not forgetting the "high water" clauses

Plus the legal definition of a beach, natural, and one constructed on land owned.