Laundry on Caribbean Princess

GingerCandy

When we were on in January, you still needed coins.  But the biggest issue we had was getting the soap out of the machine.  It kept jamming and they kept having to come back and unjam it.  I complained because so many people were having to stand around and wait for quite some time for them to come and fix the machine.  I've never complained about anything, but we were all so frustrated.  It would have been cheaper for them to just provide free laundry soap.  Next time, I'm bringing a package of my own.

6 minutes ago, GingerCandy said:

Do you use your room key to pay to do laundry, or do you still need quarters for the machines??  Thanks. 

Each laundry room has a machine and you use your room key to purchase tokens.  You may buy as many as you want at one time which I do as sometimes the machines run out of tokens.  It is $3 per wash and $3 per dry.  Although they sell small boxes of detergent, I  always bring along a container of detergent pods which is more convenient and saves a few bucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since Caribbean Princess is now using the medallions and I believe both the medallion AND traditional cruise card are being issued...I’m wondering if the coin machine will be able to accept BOTH medallion & card? I imagine that at the point when ***** is fully functional, including being able to use medallion for anything and everything (even getting off & back on at ports), then plastic cards will only be for folks who don’t want medallions. Seems the machine will either need to accept both or Princess will need to make arrangements for the non-useable method (medallion or card carrying folks) to be able to get tokens with relative ease...maybe 2 machines...who knows.

But to the OP: you may want to carry both medallion and card to the laundry the first trip to make sure you don’t have to go back to cabin to grab the other one (Murphy says whichever one you bring, the machine will only accept the other!!)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off a20 day back to back and frankly the token machines on 12,14,15...and 11 were not working...out of order...rather than chasing tokens I would just go to front desk and get them

Edited by TomCon

We use the Purell 3 in 1 sheets for our laundry. They seem to work great but some say they are hard to find. Might have to search the internet for them but the package lasts a long time depending on how often you do laundry.  Definitely get tokens when they are available because it is frustrating for all to wait while someone goes and finds them.

17 hours ago, riclop said:

You need coins.

As others have said, use your cruise card to get tokens. Coins are no longer accepted on Princess ships for laundry. I used to pack a roll of quarters but am glad that is no longer required.

Just off Caribbean Princess.  Needed to use medallion to purchase tokens.  Each token cost is $3.00.  One load of laundry takes one token and one dry cycle takes one token.  Heavier items may notbe fully dry in one cycle so may need a second token for dryer.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2018 at 6:21 PM, violet stillwater said:

We are on a b2b. On turnaround day, when can I get into thre self serve laundry room? Thanks.

On my B2B, I used the laundry the morning before the turn around, but the laundry rooms were not locked , so you can get in anytime. There is a sign that says 7am, but I noticed the machines were running before then, and people were doing their laundry. I did have to check several floors before I found empty machines. 

Where ever we board a cruise, usually in Fort Lauderdale, there is usually a Dollar Store nearby where you can but a small liquid Tide for a buck of course and it carries on very easy.  Its usually used for hand washing which works well.  The bottle is way more than we need, so its left for the cabin steward if they want it.